Friday, April 17, 2009

Gran, Gran, Gran

I remember when my children were young and all I heard was Mom, Mom, Mom!!! Now I am a Grandmother and I now hear Gran, Gran, Gran!!! I have 4 grandchildren who are the light of my life. Two girls and two boys! Their ages are 13, 8, 5, & 4 months old. Put them all together and they are a handful! My 13 year old, Triston is actually almost 14, and she is growing up so fast. It seems like yesterday she was born. She used to think that I was "all that"......she still loves me - there is no doubt about that, but her friends are on the top of the list now. I remember those teenage years! My 8 year old, Alyssa is one happy child! She is happy no matter what I am doing. If I am washing dishes, she is washing dishes. If I am folding clothes, she is folding clothes. It doesn't matter what it is she is so happy. She wants to learn everything. It doesn't take a lot to make her smile. My 5 year old, Brett is all boy! He loves Sponge Bob & Max & Ruby & Spiderman cartoons. He is also into all kinds of games. He is a very smart little boy. He loves me but he is more a PaPaw's boy. He loves to work outside with him even if it is just picking up sticks. He also likes to fight and Gran's don't fight as good as PaPaw's. He is a cutie! My 4 month old, Davis is a good baby. It took him about a week to learn that he loved me. He is discovering his hands and beginning to hold things. He is trying to suck his thumb. He kicks his little legs and moves his arms like he is trying to run away. He smiles all the time and even laughs out loud. He "agoos" all the time. He still sleeps a lot. He has his little schedule. He eats, sleeps, poops, plays & does it all over & over again. He is precious. He weighs about 15 lbs. now. It is amazing how fast he has grown. It seems like yesterday that they all were born. It is amazing to me how different each one is. Can you tell that I love them? I do. I kept all of them 3 days this week. Boy was I tired! It was constant Gran, Gran, Gran....but they are my little blessings. Cleaning house was on the back burner when I had them. It just is not possible. I used to try to do it all but I can't anymore. But I had some help. All of my daughters came into my house and cleaned my house for me. Maranda & Mandy helped last week and Shannon came and cleaned this week. What a blessing for me. When my house is not clean I tend to not be too happy so this was truly a blessing and enabled me to enjoy my grandchildren more. Remember if Gran is not happy, nobody's happy!! Thank you to my daughters for all of your help this week.
NOTE: Remember my friends Krista & Charlie? Charlie lost his Mom last week. Well his Dad passed away yesterday. They have to be worn out and so sad.
Please keep them in your prayers.

6 comments:

caknitter said...

You're such a lucky Gran!
I've always wondered, which daughter is parent to which grandchild. I know your sweet baby grandchild is your youngest daughter son, but I can't figure out the older kids.
It's very kind of your children to help you out around the house.
Have a great weekend.

My Colonial Home said...

What a fun post to read....I loved reading about each grandchild and the differences between them...it's so neat how they each have their own space in your life.
Hugs, Karen

Alice Grace said...

Those are four wonderful grandchildren! I can see the love between all of you, and what fun you all had this week. Wish I could be there with you!
Love
MOM

Anonymous said...

It is nice to read about each of your grandchildren and their likes. I am sorry to read about Charlie's dad. What a sad time for all of you. May God bless you and give you peace.

Carole Burant said...

Now that I am a grandma myself, I can well understand the love you feel for them and I can't wait for the day when I can feel Lily's little arms hugging me:-) Isn't it amazing how tired we get now just looking after little ones...I guess that's why they say we have our children when we're young! lol Lily turned 5 months old on April 3 and she's still not quite 10 lbs so she's very tiny and still fits into newborn clothes. I wish Wendy would supplement her breast milk with some formula and pablum but her pediatrician says no solids or formula until she's at least 6 months old. Hopefully she will soon start filling out more. Mine had doubled their weight by 6 months old!! She seems healthy, though, so I guess she's just going to be very petite:-) xoxo

Julie said...

Lucky, lucky grandchildren to have a Gran like you. I hope you get some rest---so you can play again!! Have a great weekend. Julie