Monday, December 22, 2008

Busy Time Of Year




























My "sweet daughter" Maranda is doing well from her foot surgery. We went to the doctor today and he is amazed at how well she is doing. She still has a lot of recooperating to do though. I will be taking my other "sweet daughter", Mandy to the doctor in the morning to check and see how much progress she has made and when my new grandson will be making his appearance. Last week he said that it could happen anytime but she is still going. I also have been working on Christmas presents for my grandchildren. I bought each grandchild a quilt from my "granny" and gave it to them along with some extra little goodies that I had made them. I made Alyssa 2 headbands that Krista told me about and then I crocheted her a little hair scrunchie. I made Triston some pajama pants. They just loved them. I made Brett 2 little pillows but he doesn't have them yet.I did get a picture of him opening his quilt. You can see it on the side. I think Alyssa is holding it up. Brett is dressed up like a wrestler! I even made my new little grandson, that hasn't been born yet some burp cloths and a bib. I have also been working on my second quilt in my "down" time.(Ha!) It has been a very busy time around here. I hope you all have a very blessed Christmas!

9 comments:

My Colonial Home said...

Wonderful get together - and the gifts are so nice that they were MADE just for them.

I think that's so special these days....and the kids will remember them longer and keep them longer or for always.

You have such a beautiful family!
Merry Christmas.
Karen

Alice Grace said...

I love Tris's pajamas and Alyssa's headbands. They both look so very happy with them. I am so proud of you because your whole life is devoted to your family and you are so thoughtful in every way. Looks like the children had a great time. Glad Maranda is healing well, and we are anxiously awaiting Davis!
Love
MOM

Needled Mom said...

I'm glad to hear that the surgery went so well. It was a nice time break between having the girls in the hospital.

I can't believe that little one hasn't made his appearance yet. Maybe it will be a Christmas baby like our grandchild last year.

What wonderful gifts for your little ones. They will definitely be cherished gifts.

Have a blessed Christmas.

Behki said...

that must be the wrestler outfit that mandy was talking about for bret too funny i would like to see a full on shot of it im sure it was a site!! My mom is so flattered by your admiration for her work you guys really should get together some time and quilt your little hearts out.

The Teacup Cottage said...

Wow! Sounds like you and your household is quite busy! Have a Merry Christmas!

Carole Burant said...

Isn't it wonderful being able to be together with family to celebrate the season:-) I so enjoyed the slideshow in your previous post and the pictures on this post...such a beautiful family you have.

May Peace be your gift at Christmas and your blessing all year through! Merry Christmas to you and yours, dear Valerie! xoxo

Unknown said...

Good grief girl, why don't you find something to do with your spare time? LOL........Here's praying all is and will be well with you and yours!!

Karen said...

Hi Valerie,
Looks like you have been very busy. I LOVE the little monkey burp cloths and bib. I hope one day I will be able to make something that resembles those! Working on it!
My little Noah's best friend is a another little guy named Davis. We call him the giant child - he is so tall - but has the sweetest, gentlest nature - I hope your grandson is the same way - we just love our Davis.
It is so exciting that you are getting a little holiday baby. I am sure your daughter is too - looks like she is definitely ready with that closet full of cute clothes for him.
I will be praying that everything goes well for you all. Merry Christmas to you! xoxox

*karendianne. said...

So much excitement, love and joy. Your creativity is really lit up when you're thinking of your family. You're an Amazing Woman.

I can hardly wait...