Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Friends

I was blessed today to have lunch with 2 special friends. We go to church together. We shared things that are going on in our lives and talked about how thankful we all are. These 2 women are amazing and have gifts like you would not believe. They both have hearts of gold and have been angels to me. They truly are a blessing to me all the time. The prayer below is a "special prayer." This is my prayer for my friends.

I PRAYED A PRAYER FOR YOU TODAY
I prayed a prayer for you today
And Know God must have heard.
I felt the answer in my heart
Although He spoke no word!
I didn't ask for wealth or fame (I knew you wouldn't mind).
I asked Him to send treasures of a far more lasting kind!
I asked that He'd be near you
At the start of each new day.
To grant you health and blessings
And friends to share your way!
I asked for happiness for you
In all things great and small.
But it was for His loving care
I prayed the most of all!
*****************************************
Flylady Update:
This weeks Zone- The Main Bathroom & Home Office Area
Wednesday: Desk Day/Anti-procrastination Day
*Morning Routine Done
Prayer Time & Bible Reading: Psalms 5 DONE
*15 min. Decluttering: clean out 2 drawers(since I didn't get it done yesterday)
*15 Minute Mission: Wash my vanity in my master bathroom. Office mission is to clean computer screens with damp cloth. DONE
Detailed Cleaning: Clean shower inside and out.
*Water: Goal -6 glasses
Walking: Goal is 15 minutes
*Laundry: DONE
*Ironing: DONE
Whats for Dinner tonight? Out to eat. Church night.
Sewing Goal: To finish Siggy Blocks
Ebay Goal: List 4 things today.
*Bedtime Routine
*flylady.net
I am doing baby steps with flylady even though I have followed her for several years. It sure makes life easier to do it a little at a time. I may not list everything everyday but this is just a guide for me. It really helps me to come and look at my list and mark them done as I do them. If I don't complete the task on the list, I usually just move it to the next day and add it on.

Favorite Quote: It’s the friends you can call up at four a.m. that matter.
Marlene Dietrich

Bible Verse: Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Psalm 37:4 (KJV)

Word of the Day (Dictionary.com): consternation \kon-ster-NEY-shuhn\, noun:sudden dread or paralyzing terror
To our consternation, the phone rang just as we were about to leave.

9 comments:

Lori said...

In this picture you three look more like sisters than friends. Isn't lunch out with friends just the best?

Janene said...

I was thinking the exact thing that Lori just said!
Do best friends tend to look alike too!

Alice Grace said...

I am glad you had some time with your friends! Looks like you had a great time.

Unknown said...

the Lord has certainly blessed you with a wealth of friends!

Krista said...

When I first pulled up your blog I couldn't see the picture, I could only read the words, so I was going through my mind trying to guess who the friends were...I guessed Rachelle, but couldn't guess the other. After closing IE and restarting I was able to see the pic. I love both of these ladies, and you are right, they are both fabulous people. I am thankful to say they are my friends too!

Anonymous said...

Valerie, Your posts are so full of the joy of living and also inspiration to us all. I am so happy to be another one of your friends. You are special to me.
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Needled Mom said...

It is always such fun to get together for girl time with friends.

Busy Little Quilter said...

Hi, Valerie!

I love the prayer for your friends. I am blessed with great friends, too.

I also follow fly lady, but need to get back on track with that, too! I did Sidetracked Home Executives since the early 90's and loved how less chaotic I felt.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

My Colonial Home said...

Glad you had a good time...hold onto that!
Karen