Friday, February 20, 2009

What I Made For My Pay It Forward Gifts

100% Buckwheat Hull Neck Pillow
Allergy & Dust Free
It was made with Waverly Fabric!

A scarf with her name embroidered on it.
Isn't she a doll?


I am trying to get more involved in swaps and things going on in the blog world. I love doing it. I love the experience. I am like everyone else and could say that I don't have time for this, but I have found out that we have time for what we want to have time for. My friend,
Connie did a post about "paying it forward." The first 3 that signed up gets something made by her within the next 6 months and I was lucky to be one of the three. So then I did the same thing on my blog. I had 3 sign up. One was my "Sweet MOM", and one was my "sweet grandaughter," Alyssa and then the third was my blogging friend, Darla! I had so much fun doing this. I can always count on my Mom so that didn't surprise me. I was shocked when I saw that my 8 year old grandaughter signed up. I thought that was so precious. It meant a lot to me. And then, Darla, my blogging buddy signed up and she also did a PIF on her blog. I signed up for hers and my Moms. I have already posted about Darlas gifts to me. Homemade soap and candles. I love them. I can't wait to see what Mom makes me. I made Mom and Darla these neck pillows. I special ordered the buckwheat hulls to make these. I love mine! I knew Alyssa would not want a neck pillow so I made her a scarf with her name embroidered on it. She loves it. I had a ball doing this and can't wait to join something else. I better get to work on my siggy blocks first though! I have 60 to do. I am about halfway there.

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest. Ecclesiastes 9:10 KJV

5 comments:

Alice Grace said...

I love my neck pillow! Thank you so much! I am looking forward to doing my pay it forward gifts. Good luck with the siggies! Alyssa looks so happy with her scarf!

Unknown said...

Me too Alice Grace! I wouldn't mind doing something like this again Val. Let me know if you stumble across something. Cute scarf, cuter girlie!!

quiltingnana said...

I only participated in one swap and it was great...good luck with joining swaps

My Colonial Home said...

Pay it forward is such a great thought and gesture...the neck pillow is wonderful...the other pictures wouldn't load so I couldn't see them.
Karen

Anonymous said...

Your Alyssa reminds me of your mother Alice Grace! She looks like the sweetest girl! Tell her I think she is so pretty and sweet and to keep that sweetness in her heart.