Friday, May 24, 2019

My Story Called Life Update Part 2

 

This has been the hardest thing I have ever experienced personally in my life.
Chemo & Cancer
As hard as this has been, there is always somebody worse.
It's so sad.  I saw 2 this morning that were so sick. 

If you have your health, be thankful.  I was strong and healthy and worked so hard everyday and I still got "C!"I knew something was wrong.  I can't describe how I felt.  I guess it was my gut feeling. And I definitely believe in a gut feeling.  But here's the thing, getting a doctor to listen.

I have had to stay away from my grandbabies 
so I wouldn't get sick.
That was so hard.  I didn't go out to eat 
or to church or anywhere. I didn't drive.
I stayed at home. 
And as much as I love home, I needed to go somewhere.
Long story short when the worst happened,
 it got the doctors attention.
And then I was referred to an oncologist. 
I had never heard of one of those.  
But we liked him right off. 
He acted as though he cared.
And he does.
And not only that, once I was out of the hospital, 
I found out that one of my friends 
from Church was his head nurse. God thing? I think so.
She's been such a blessing to me. And a prayer warrior for me.
I would go to chemo & I thought to myself. I can do this. 
I will bring some handwork to do.  
I can do this.  
But then I realized quickly 
I couldn't use my hands and one of the drugs 
in the chemo caused a horrible cold sensitivity that caused me to not be able to eat or drink anything cold.
 It would make my mouth and tongue draw. 
It quickly took my hands. I had to wear gloves.
I had to stay very warm or it would cause my hands to draw.
This was horrible  I will admit it.
It has also caused neuropathy in my hands and feet to this day.
But I am praying it goes away. 
Help me pray.

Once I started chemo in November, 
I met many chemo nurses that I loved. I still do.
They all have different personalities and 
I learned their names one by one.
I've saw them get in a circle and 
pray for someone that is hurting. 
And I do know that prayer changes things.
I do realize that they have jobs and homes and kids and families, but I also see that they all seem to care.
And that's a blessing to me.
I've been with them for months.  
They work so hard that it actually amazes me.

There is also one sweet girl at the front desk that I love.
I don't even know her name.
But she is so compassionate with anyone that comes in.
She always tells me how much better I look which really makes me feel good.
I think these nurses are a gift from God.
Be blessed, Val

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Philippians 4:13




2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are blessing to everyone who reads your blog and you Forever Farm page. In the evening I try to make time just to read your post. Sometimes I read what you post to my husband.
I pray for you and your friend, Val, daily.

Kathy Arroyo

Olinda said...

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:13
I believe, and I'm praying for you.
I love to read your blog!

Hugs from Brazil.


Olinda Aguiar