Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Part Of My Story Called Life UPDATE


I haven't updated in over 2 years. Sorry.  Remember our Granddaughter? Well she's doing well and we are more than thankful.  Thank you for your prayers. 

But. January of 2018 I fell. We had ice. I was out watering and feeding all the chickens and breaking ice for the cows when my Great Pyranees, Lily jumped on me, just playing. But she was 100 lbs. and still thought she was a puppy.  When she jumped on me, it knocked me on the ground. She then proceeded to try to get in my lap and I couldn't get up. She was just so big and strong.  It was one of the few times I didn't carry my cell phone out.  I woke up the next day not feeling well at all but couldn't pin point it except my back.. My back was hurt so bad.  I suffered so. I also had a strange smell in my nose that wouldn't go away.  I went to dr. but they didn't do anything.  Crazy.

Fast forward to March. Started having rib pain. I still had the smell in my nose also. The rib pain was debilitating.  It was horrible. It kept me up all night.  I called the dr. and she sent me for a mammogram and ultrasound stat.  I was thankful for that. I just knew I had breast cancer.  We waited and waited in the waiting room and they came out and said everything was clear.  Thank the Lord.  I cried and praised HIM in the waiting room. I didn't care who was watching me.


Fast forward to April.  I couldn't hardly walk across a room  I had no strength at all. I tried to go feed my chickens and had to sit down on the ground.  All this time back pain was still there. The smell in my nose was still there.  Rib pain was gone.  But no strength.  I went back to my primary doctor and told her I had cancer or heart problems.  I explained no strength and she passed it off because of my back pain.  I insisted on some kind of test. She said all she could do is a cbc.  I told her to do it.  Then I got the call a couple of days later that I was anemic.  They explained I was bleeding somewhere and they would try to get me in with a gastro dr  They put me on iron 3 times a day. The first iron pill made a difference.  I asked them could it heal itself and they said yes.  So now I wait.  I wait on the call for the gastro dr. And I wait.. And I wait. And I wait.


Finally after several weeks I called my primary dr. back.  The nurse said she would try again. I said ok.  All this time thinking if I am bleeding somewhere internally, shouldn't that be stat? Evidently not  And I trusted them.  Long story short I kept calling.  I finally got an appt. in August 2018 with gastor dr. set up. I go after all those months of begging for a dr. to see me.  They set me up a colonoscopy November 16, 2018.  I asked shouldn't I be stat.  They said no.  So I waited again. And I wait. And I wait.  One day I got so sick at my stomach I called and begged them to see me or move the colonoscopy up. I screamed on the phone which is so not me..But I did.  Then they call me back 2-4 hours later. This was in October and on a Wednesday.  They told me to come to hospital for colonoscopy that Friday.  They sent all the prep stuff.  Yuck!  But I knew I had to do it. 
Fast forward to Friday.  After that I don't remember much.  But according to my family I was in the hospital 12 days and was diagnosed with colon cancer.  It was a big tumor.  Stage 3.  I had surgery and they say they have it all.. I also had surgery to get a port for chemo.. Again, I can't remember a it. 
I am doing well. I am in my last chemo right now or so they say.
The pet scan will tell the story per my surgeon and my oncologist.
But I have faith. And I am not alone.
There is much more to my story & I'll share more later but I need to share this part.
At the same time I was going through this my best friend, Vicki  was finding out she also had cancer.  Neither of us wanted to worry the other one. That's what best friends do. 
We can't help but ask why? Why are we sick? Why at the same time"
So many questions.
Remember everyone has a story.
Vicki and I are asking for your prayers.
We sure need them.  
Sorry this was so long and sorry I haven't been on in almost 2 years. Just a lot going on.
One of the desires of my heart is doing this blog for my children.  
Facebook is quick and easy but this blog is where it all started.
I promise it will all not be doom and gloom but I feel I need to update you, And we need your prayers.
#prayforvickiandval
#prayforeddieandrandy

*************************
And this is our answer to Why?

Beloved think it not strange concerning the fiery trials which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you:
But rejoice. inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings: that , when HIS glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
1 Peter 4:12, 13

Be blessed, Val



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing Val. I follow your journey on Facebook but it is good to hear the back story here. Sorry you have to go thru all of this but God is with you. Lean on Him and your family and friends. Praying! Lori in Illinois

Unknown said...

I love your writings. They inspire me and make me wish I had your tremendous strength during life’s trials. I have strength but yours seems almost like Paul’s in the Word. I love you and praying for you always������

Little Penpen said...

Dear Sweet Val, I've been following you on facebook. It's is scary how long it took the doctors to figure things how for you. I'm glad you are on your road to recovery. I'm so happy your granddaughter is well and now let's concentrate on getting you and your friend well. Prayers continue for you! XXX OOO

Anonymous said...

So good to hear from you! I don't do Facebook so have been wondering about you. Sorry you are so ill and have been having all these troubles getting medical attention. I am happy to hear your granddaughter is doing well though. I have been wondering about her as well. I know you have a big family and so have lots of support. Be well.
kakingsbury at verizon dot net

Unknown said...

Prayers always. You gift to be able to communicate, to teach & encourage is amazing.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I am way behind on blog reading. So sorry to hear of your health problems. Prayers for continued recovery.

KaHolly said...

I’m so sorry you had to go through all that and glad you’re on the road to recovery now. To be honest, I’m shocked. I was put through all that rigamaro, too, for three years, before they found the cancer. But that was back in the late 70's. There’s no way that should be happening now. The good news is, here I am, over 30 years later, still cancer free, embracing each new day. I’m sorry you lost your best friend.