Sunday, November 15, 2020

I Will Meet You By The River At Our Swing.

For 13 years we spent a week in May with our best friends in Helen Ga.
Oh my! The sweetest memories ever!
This is what we did every night.
The guys would go trout fishing and we did crazy stuff during the day
while planning our strategy on how we would beat 
them when we played canasta that night.
We hardly ever won. We were partners.
The guys loved it.
They finally told us why we didn't win.
They said it was because we talked too much!!
NOT!
We tried that. Didn't work.
If we won, it was by accident. lol
But we never let them live it down.
We both still have our score pads especially the few we won!
Vicki's tired here or she would be talking.
Smile!
Sweet memories.
This was us at a wedding! 
You didn't see us dressed up too much!
But we were that day!

The Gooses!
The Goose came to see us today for a porch visit. (2020-Covid)
I hate Covid.
We needed to see him and I guess he needed to see us today too.
He brought us barbecue with all the fixings.
Eddies always been a good cook
When he texted to say he was coming,
 I told Sweet Hunter I hope he had something to eat! lol
It has been a tough day for us all.
You see we said goodbye to Vicki Lou a year ago today!
Makes me so sad.
I miss her so much.
Eddie texted me this morning with this quote.
"When someone you love becomes a memory, 
the memory becomes a treasure."
Oh how true this is!

This was 2014. We had just bought the farm.
We had just started remodeling when the carpenters told us if 
we wanted any of those plants at the kitchen door, we needed to get them.
We had not even got there yet but when we drove up,
here she was getting the plants out of the ground.
The Gooses know all about plants.
She started a little garden down at the other end of house to put these plants.
It is still there. I call it Vicki's garden.

Another picture of us all dressed up!
This was just a few years ago.
2018.
I was very sick in that picture.
I knew something was wrong but didn't know what. 
I found out in October that I had colon cancer.
When I found out, (or should I say my family-I was out of it,)
Vicki lou was recovering from knee replacement surgery.
Little did we know that right after I was diagnosed with Colon cancer, she was
diagnosed with Bile Duct cancer.
What is so ironic about our diagnosis's is that for 41 years, if I was down,
She would be up. If she was down, I would be up!
And there was always somebody to encourage us.
Because we had each other.
She called Sweet Hunter to tell him that she had cancer.
He was outside.
I was so sick in the house.
He came in and when I saw him, I thought somebody had died.
I immediately said, What's wrong?
I just knew it was my son. That's a big fear I have. 
Then he told me that "The Gooses" were on the way.
He was holding my hand with tears in his eyes.
I almost got mad. I said, "what is wrong?"
Then He told me. She wanted him to tell me first.
I will never forget them walking in.
We both started balling!
I still don't get it. I will never forget that night.
We had not saw each other much because I was so sick and 
little did I know that she was so sick too.
We fell in each others arms and I will never forget we didn't want to let go.
Eddie and Randy were very quiet.
Makes me cry to write this on the very day a year ago that 
she left us. 
This picture is very precious to me. First of all, we were in "our swing" in Helen Ga.
We made these shirts at craft time at the condo.
You see. 
On this day one year ago......
 Eddie was on one side and I was on the other.
I had already told her goodbye.
I was sitting with her sister, Beverly and
 I told Bev that I felt like I should tell her one more thing.
And Bev said, you need to go do it. 
I am so glad I did. 
I got up and whispered in her ear....
"I will meet you by the river at our swing!"
Eddie looked up at me and said, "Val, She's gone!"
I sure miss my partner in crime, my best friend, my Ethyl, my sister!
I will see you soon, Vicki lou!
I promise!
"And I will meet you by the river at our swing!"
Wait for me for I will be there too!
I love you always and forever 
and I know you know that and I know
you love me the same.

Please pray for us.
Pray for Eddie and their kids.
And pray for Vicki's family. 
They mean so much to me!
Lord, help us all to make it!!
*********************

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Come visit me at these other places!

I am everywhere!

This blog is my heart though.

Click below to visit me!

I was the last one that whispered in her ear. 
I love & miss you Vicki Lou!





 

1 comment:

Maranda said...

This broke my heart. Love you!