Monday, November 9, 2020

One Year Ago Today

I never knew this would be the last time 
that I would see my Vicki smiling.
She was so happy on this day.  I believe it was around Nov. 6th.
She was there to get the last chemo she would ever get.
I was there to see our doctor.
Sweet Hunter took these pictures and I am so happy he did.
Priceless to me.


One of my daughters friends sent me this.
It describes Vicki so well.
She had so much faith.  
She was so strong even when she was weak.

I will never forget the first time she came
 to my oncologist and she saw me in chemo.
I was so sick. To be honest, I thought I was dying that day.
Actually, Vicki told me that her hubby thought that I was.
She had tears in her eyes when she saw me.
And she reached down and kissed me.
She didn't look sick that day. And I was almost jealous of her 
because she looked like she was a picture of health 
but we all knew she had cancer too.
On this day, my last time seeing her before the stroke, 
I kissed her.
She told me that it made her so happy to see me look so good.
And I told her that it wouldn't be long that she would be up and going too.
Look at my pants and her blanket. 
We even matched!!!!
This is one of my favorite pictures of me and her.  
Her daddy took this picture!
I could not tell you what we were laughing at but it sure was funny.
Today, a year ago.......
Sweet Hunter was hunting.  I had just took a shower and washed my hair.
I had just put my pajamas on.
Then I got the call......
I didn't recognize the number and almost didn't answer.
It was Vickis neice, Kelly telling me that they were driving down the road
when they saw an ambulance turning in to Vickis road.
They followed it and it went straight to her house.
I was in shock.  I don't remember what I said.
I remember that I was calm.
She told me that Vicki was unresponsive.
Then my phone beeped and it was Eddie, Vickis  husband.
I was so happy to see his number.
I told her I had to go and answer.
He was telling me what was going on.
That's when I broke down. 
We didn't know what was happening.
But I hurried and got my clothes on and I jumped in my car and 
headed to the emergency room.
 I honestly still think that I was in shock.
I saw most her family there and I knew it was bad.
She has the sweetest family ever!
They've always treated me just like I was their family too.
A Year ago last Thursday, was the last text that I sent her that she responded.
I sent her a picture of our momma cow that had just had a calf. 
Sweet Hunter asked me to send it to her.
He had to actually pull the calf with his friend, Don.
We named the calf Donnie Boy.
Her response was, "Cute."
The last text I received from her.
The next day she started going downhill.
Earlier in the week she had told me that something just was not right.
Lord how I miss her.
But I am so glad she is not suffering anymore.
But....I wish I had her back and we were both whole and healthy.
I will admit that.  I have never lost anyone that I was this close to.
We could finish each others sentences.
Her last text to me.
"Cute."
If you know our Vicki, you know she didn't just say one word.
That girl could talk.
So Sweet Hunter finally made it to the ER.
I felt complete once he was there.
We got to go back and see her.
She knew we were there.
We talked to her and she barely had her eyes open.
I was dying inside seeing her like that.
But we both told her we loved her and she
barely mouthed to us that she loved us too.
I will never ever forget that.  
Later on they admitted her and decided she had a stroke.
I sure was hoping she would get better.
I can tell you this, she was a fighter.
If y'all only knew the tears that are flowing right now, 
as I write this.
I don't write about stuff like this on facebook anymore.
If my family are the only ones that ever see this,
I hope they never forget.
I call her "My Vicki" but she was "Our Vicki"
Everybody loved her.
To know her, was to love her.
**************************************

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Come visit me at these other places!

I am everywhere!

This blog is my heart though.

Click below to visit me!








 

1 comment:

Needled Mom said...

She sounds like she was a dear friend. How lucky you were to have had her in your life!