Monday, December 28, 2020

Just the two of us!


This was our little brunch Christmas morning. 
Just the two of us.
I had the sausage balls made ahead of time 
and frozen so that was easy.
I added some scrambled eggs.
And then some chilled pineapple tidbits 
with condensed milk to drizzle 
on top of them. It was simple and good.

I made hot chocolate in our Christmas cups!
Anyway it was a good Christmas morning!

"The Goose" (for you that don't know) he is  my best friend, Vickis hubby.
We have always called them "The Gooses!"
Anyway, she left us November 15, 2019 and it seems like yesterday. 
It hurts my heart. 
But "The Goose" brought these to me on Christmas Eve.
He left them on the porch (thanks to Covid) so I couldn't even say
thank you in person.  But believe me, I called him!
The 4 pictures on the left are all of us swinging.
That was our thing. If we saw a swing, we were in it together.
He said, you wouldn't believe how many pictures we have of y'all in a swing.
I said, Yes I would.  The crazy thing is Him or Sweet Hunter 
had to take those pictures.  lol
The 4 pictures on the left are frames connected together.  
The 2 picture frames on the right are separate.
The one of me and her is one of my favorite pictures.
We were cute little chicks!
The one of us 4 was on one of our adventures together!!!
This gift meant more than words to me.
Priceless.
I will treasure this along with all of our memories.
I miss her so much!
We could finish each others sentences.  
41 years. Best Friends.
That will never change.

Back to Christmas day.
Just the two of us.
We had a simple Christmas.
And I loved it.
We didn't take many pictures but here Sweet Hunter
gave me some really nice house shoes.  
He gave me lots of stuff that I loved.

Here he is opening his stocking which had lots of candy in it, 
along with some fishing lures!
He was happy!

Now this one tells our love story.
It really does. 
I love this man!

Yes! This is him vacuuming!
And yes! He got a Cordless Dyson Vacuum 
for Christmas!
You have to know him to understand.
And he loves it!!
I haven't even got to try it yet!
And that's ok with me.
Smile.

We didn't put up a big tree this year.
We put up one of our smaller trees.
A Parsons tree.
It has fairy lights on it.
I love it.
We basically only decorated the keeping room,
 the kitchen, and the dining room table.
It made for a much simpler Christmas.
This may become a tradition.
With our back trouble and nobody coming (Thanks covid)
We were fine with a simple Chrismas.
Actually it was the most peaceful and restfull Christmas I have had in 
a while. But we sure did miss our kids and grands!!!!
Looking forward to 2021 and hoping it disappears for us all.
So Christmas 2020 is in the books. 

No matter what, it really is the most wonderful time of year!
********************************

Come visit me here too!

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Thanks you Val for your comments on my blog. We had a quite Christmas too. Sad that my boys and grandchildren could not visit but we are blessed to still have each other.

Blessings to you in the New Year!
Jocelyn

Needled Mom said...

Merry Christmas AND I wish you many blessings in this new year, Val. I know you had an exceptionally difficult 2020, but it is so nice to see you back blogging again. I love the comments you leave me and appreciate each one.