Monday, January 4, 2021

New Beginnings: Drama & A Special Day



I am adding to my New Beginnings Journal today.
And its about Letting it go.
Drama.
These are just reminders to me to make for a better 2021.

Wouldn't it be better to fix a good dinner instead of
concentrating on drama.
I will be 66 years old this month.
Oh wow! I am old.
And I don't have time for drama or being upset.
So I am choosing to "Let it go!"

I often say, 
"Take every opportunity to be quiet."
And as hard as that is to do,
we have to for the person looking 
at me in the mirror.


This little meal is cream cheese
 with hot pepper jelly
served with crackers.
Shrimp Cocktail 
And Rotel Cheese dip 
served with tostada chips and
dessert was red grapes!
I must have been in a mood!
Smile!
#Justthetwoofus

 Now back to my thoughts on Drama.
And this quote says it all.

"There comes a time in your life, 
when you walk away from all the drama
 and people who create it. 
You surround yourself with people who make you laugh.
 Forget the bad and focus on the good. 
Love the people who treat you right, 
pray for the ones who do not.
 Life is too short to be anything but happy. 
Falling down is a part of life, 
getting back up is living.”
-J. Harris-
*****************************************
And to end this post on one of the best things that ever 
happened to us.......
Happy Birthday to our Baby Girl, Mandy!
I will never forget the day she was born.
It was 1982.
It was snowing. 
We lived 30 miles from hospital.
Sweet Hunter had me way out in the country.
(Smile)
He took me to the hospital because I just knew I was in labor
 and they said it wouldn't be long,
 but it wouldn't be that day.
Yeah Right!
I was really hurting.
My Mom had kept the other kiddos for us
 and we  had to pick up the other kiddos!
By the time we got there, I told him
I was having this baby NOW!!!
He said, well, can you wait until I feed the cows.
Now imagine.  Roads were slick
Snow coming down.
I am in labor. 
He is going to drive 30 miles there and 30 miles back!
That's an hour at least right there.
No cell phones.
It took several hours.
By the time he got there, I knew it wasn't going to be long.
We drove a little Toyota station wagon.
I told him to get me to hospital.
And I meant NOW!
So he did.
He barely go the paperwork done and got dressed
in the paper gown and hat they required the daddy's to wear 
when she was born. 
I had her less than 2 hours after we got there!
Whew!
Won't forget that one!
Isn't she beautiful?
We love you May May!!!
*******************************************

Come visit me here too!






 

No comments: