Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Granny's Surprises In The Mail



I went to visit Granny today and she was still nervous about learning her new sewing machine. My Aunt & Uncle were there filling bobbins for her. Did I tell you that my uncle Joe found a cabinet for the new sewing machine to go in? Granny likes it a lot better. I took her some surprises that came in the mail from Kim and Diane. They have both bought quilts from Granny. The video shows how excited she was as she opened this. As you can hear she doesn't understand about all of the people I know (in blogland). Granny is on her third quilt since changing sewing machines. Change is very hard for Granny but she is doing good with my Aunt Carol's help. Diane had sent her money for 2 quilts in with a package that her and Kim fixed for Granny. I had also sold 2 more of her quilts locally so Granny was overwhelmed. As you can hear on the video my dad had brought Granny lunch. Granny is on a schedule. She thinks that she has to eat between 11:00- 11:30. If she doesn't she thinks something is wrong. Oh how I wish I could be that disciplined. My cousin Nancy came in before I left. She is so good to Granny. After Granny eats lunch she always has something sweet. The chocolates that were in the package are perfect! Then Granny takes her pills with a little bit of coke. When I was leaving, Nancy was pouring Granny's coke. I know after we all left Granny was back on that sewing machine sewing away. Thank you to Diane & Kim for the package. You made Granny's day!

* YOU HAVE GOT TO GO AND READ THIS POST ABOUT GRANNY. SO PRECIOUS! Go to Marlene's blog. She bought a quilt from Granny and she describes perfectly. Thank you Marlene.

**If you have not checked out Granny's Birthday Quilt Give Away you can visit that post through the button on my sidebar. If you would like a "Granny Fan Button" for your blog just email and I will forward the instructions to you. The deadline is Oct. 23. Her birthday is Oct. 24 and she will be 96 years old.

23 comments:

Sherry said...

You always have a blog that always make me smile. Love your blog.
Thanks

Anonymous said...

What a precious video, I enjoyed it so so much!

Michelle said...

What a sweetheart that Granny is. Thank you for sharing. It was wonderful.
be blessed,
Michelle

Allie said...

I enjoyed that, Val! Granny is the sweetest lady EVER. She just tickles me!

Karen said...

I love how she says she is going to use that candy jar to store her money in! So cute.

Anonymous said...

Granny does my heart good!!!

Sue said...

Thank you Val for this, you have made my day! My husband was curious this morning and watched the video with me, he liked it too, he said it was cute!!

Kim said...

This is priceless! Granny gets sweeter and makes me love her more every time I see her! Thanks for the video Val!

Alice Grace said...

That's Grannny! She is the same no matter what is going on! I loved the idea of the "money jar" too.
I also want to note that there are some really good people out there who are honoring Granny. It brings tears to my eyes.

andsewon said...

Awwh that sweet Granny.. bless her heart.
I am so glad she is still being blessed.
Hugs to you both,
Lola

Amelia said...

The video just made me smile listening to sweet Granny. You are so patient with her. Thanks for sharing with us.

cockermom said...

Granny is such a darling!

Conni said...

How precious! You have been blessed with a wonderful woman in your life! Thanks for sharing.

Love Bears All Things said...

A wonderful video. She is just precious. I sent you an email.
Mama Bear

Susannah said...

Hello Val....What a sweet woman and so very gracious. You are blessed with a wonderful Grandmother.

Friends,
Susannah

caknitter said...

What a sweet video! Kim and Diane are so thoughtful for sending such a great gift. Granny is so humble and grateful about everything. Bless her heart.
Thank you for sharing the video with us. Love it!

Midlife Mom said...

What a lovely video of your precious Granny! It brought tears to my eyes as she was so pleased with the things that were sent to her. I will get a birthday card in the mail tomorrow and post about your give away in my next post! Thank you for sharing such a sweet lady with us!! xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Val, Thank you so much for sharing Granny. That video is priceless and just made my day. I have a package I am getting together for Granny for her birthday and can't wait for her to get it. My quilt I bought is precious and we have used it everyday since getting it.
Thanks.

Tricia S. said...

Hate when I hit the button too quick. But thanks again.

Sherry said...

Okay I just watched the video of Granny and now I'm crying. You have such a wonderful family Val!

Sherry

Tootsie said...

your granny always makes my heart warm!

Brenda Sue said...

This warms my heart. Thank you for sharing with all of us!
Love, Brenda, Jami and Robbie

Tita Carré said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.