Friday, May 6, 2011

Fertilizer Friday & Flaunt Your Flowers

I could not help myself.
This is too pretty not to do a whole post just on these blooms!

Clematis - To prune or not to prune?
Do you prune?
I have never pruned mine and every year
I have beautiful flowers.

I just LOVE this plant!
I was told that this was Jackmanii.
Do you know?

I am joining Tootsie by celebrating Fertilizer Friday & Flaunt Your Flowers!

And then there are these little inch worms!!!
Are they driving you crazy? 
They are eating every leaf in sight!
What do I do? What do I do?

*********************
Today I am thankful for..........life!

11 comments:

LindyLouMac said...

Calling by to visit another participant from Flaunt your Flowers. I think your clematis looks healthy, we only ever used to prune ours if it became untidy in the space we had allowed for it.

caknitter said...

Aw, your garden always makes me feel in touch with nature.
Beautiful!

Darla said...

No matter the name of the Clematis vine, it's gorgeous...squash those worms!

Granny said...

Your clematis is beautiful. I love purple flowers. I hope to get a clematis vine to grow on my little arbor.

Scrappy quilter said...

Oh Val I love seeing your blooms. Won't see any here for quite some time unless I go to a plant store. Hugs

Karen said...

I agree, your clematis deserves the spotlight in this post! I don't know which one it is, but it's beautiful.

The rabbits pruned my clematis severely, as in down to the ground. I sure hope they come back. At least I can enjoy yours.

Dirt Princess said...

It is beautiful. It is loaded with blooms. Have a happy Mother's day :-)

BernieH said...

It is a lovely Clematis. That's a plant that won't grow here in the tropics, so I always enjoy photos of it from other gardeners.

Sorry, I can't help with any advice with inch worms ... other than just squash them when you see them. Sometimes it's either them or the plants!

The Sage Butterfly said...

It looks like Jackmanii clematis, but there are so many varieties...I can't be sure. Enjoyed seeing your flowers.

Allie said...

It's beautiful hon!

Becky Garrison said...

Val, the plant is a Clematis, variety is Jackmanii. Kind of like there are different varieties of roses, there are different varieties of clematis. It's just beautiful!