Friday, January 13, 2017

Apples Of Gold

Many years ago I found a program that I wanted to do at Church for young women.
It was called "Apples Of Gold."
It's a 6 week mentoring program
where you teach young women
how to cook, how to set a table, how to love their future husbands & children that aren't born yet.
Each session included one hour of a cooking class, one hour of a Bible study based on Titus 2:3-5, and a fellowship hour enjoying the food that was prepared.
I immediately had this on my heart.
I think every young woman would benefit from this.
I know I would have loved it when I was younger.
Well, time went on, and I didn't pursue it but it was still on my heart.
One day, it hit me that I could do this via Facebook and probably reach more young women.
Granted I don't follow their lessons exactly because we are not one on one but I love the concept and
have the heart of a teacher.
I have got almost 40 young women that do follow my teachings on Facebook.
I actually feature our farm on there but in the mornings I try to
teach if it is on my heart.
There are over 2300 following my page.


I was married when I was very young and was divorced.
I don't believe in divorce but it happens.
Sometimes we just make mistakes.
So you see, its not that I know everything....that is for sure.
I am married to my "Sweet Hunter" now and have been for almost 39 years.
We have 4 grown children and 6 grandchildren.
I am truly the "older" woman in Titus 2:3-5 and that's why I teach about home on this page.
This is just what the Lord has laid on my heart.
I love HOME and love to share all about it.
Once a week ( probably on Sundays), I will be doing a
recap of my lessons on here just in case there might be
someone out there in blogland that would like to read them.
It is my heart.
Please know that I don't do any of this because I think I know more than anyone.
I ask the Lord to help me teach.
I started this blog because I wanted to help my children and grandchildren to know there is true love out there.
I wanted them to see their Mom & Dad that truly loves.
I wanted them to learn to cook and know how to run a home.
I wanted them to know it's not all about "me" but about others.
I wanted them to know to put the Lord first in their lives.
I wanted to teach them to love their husbands and love their children.
This is why I teach.
Not because I am perfect, but because I am not.
I do this humbly and with prayer.
************************


The aged women likewise, that they be in behavior as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
Titus 2:3-5

If you would like to join me on "Our Forever Farm" on facebook, click Here!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So thankful that you share both on fb and your blog. I am so thrilled to be following along with you. Blessings to you all this weekend.