Friday, January 11, 2008

In The Good Times And The Bad Times.........



Have you ever noticed that when things are going good, we are not on our knees in prayer as much as when things are going bad? I know that is the way it is with me. One of my favorite sayings is that we are either going into a trial, in the midst of a trial, or coming out of a trial. That is really a true statement. Right now we are in the midst of a trial. We ask you to help us pray, even though you don't know the details. Details really don't matter with prayer because HE knows it all. I know THIS TOO SHALL PASS, but we are just wondering when and how. We are praying for direction.

Our Sunday school teacher was telling us how important it is to read your Bible. Someone asked him, how do we know what we should read. He said, you just open the Bible and HE will give you what you need.
One of my goals this year is to start my day in the Word and to pray more and so far I have been doing this. This morning I opened my Bible to Job. That kind of scared me. As you know, everything was taken from Job. God allowed that to happen. Then as I was reading, one verse stood out to me. It is Job 2:10. This is where Job had lost everything and was covered with sore boils from top of his head to the soles of his feet and his wife looked at him and said he should curse God and die.

Job 2:10 But he said unto her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil? In all this did not Job sin with his lips.

I really got the message here. To me, Job was saying that we take the good but we can't take the bad and God is in control of everything. Remember he has lost everything and now he is covered with sore boils all over his body. That really spoke to me. So, along with my prayer for help, I also took the time to thank and praise HIM for this situation we find ourselves in.

So I encourage you in the good times and also in the bad times to get on your knees and read HIS Word more. I know our situation is not as bad as others, but I ask myself:
Where would I be without my Lord?
****************************

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have encouraged me in the Lord with this blog. How often we forget when the difficult times come that God is in control, and we must put our trust solely in Him. I am praying with you. Love, MOM