Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Great Weekend


















My "Sweet Honey" got home yesterday from his hunting trip in Kansas City. My "sweet daughter" and I picked him up from the airport yesterday and then went to eat at Macaroni Grill before heading home. He was worn out from the trip. No deer, but he had a great time. We sure are glad to have him back home. Today we cooked him a Sunday lunch mostly from the garden. He was really wanting some vegetables. He missed my home cooking. I fixed Grilled chicken breast, fresh green beans, fried okra, mashed potatoes, squash casserole, & homemade biscuits. Maranda fixed the squash casserole. It was my favorite out of everything. The day before, she fixed her dad a sour cream pound cake that will melt in your mouth. As you can see, we have already ate half of it. After we ate lunch and cleaned up the kitchen, I got busy and sewed my "sweet grandaughter", Alyssa, a cute little outfit. I really enjoyed making it. She will be so tickled. It was a great weekend.

9 comments:

Alice Grace said...

Wow! What a welcome home dinner! I know he is glad to be back home. The little outfit you made is gorgeous! Alyssa will love that for sure!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Next time you cook like that could I please join you for dinner? blessings, marlene

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carole Burant said...

It's no wonder your hubby had missed your home cooking...look at all that delicious looking food!!! It's a shame he didn't get his deer but I'm sure he still had a great time. My dad was a moose hunter and he'd always go hunting for 1 to 2 weeks this time of year...how exciting it would be when he'd come home with a moose:-)

Love the little outfit you made for Alyssa...it's so darling, she's sure to love it! I wish I could sew but hemming pants is about the only thing I do with a needle and thread! lol xoxo

*karendianne. said...

I love reading of your joy! It makes me smile inside. And how cute cute cute that little outfit is!!!

Tanya said...

Sounds delicious. I've been to the Macaroni Grill once and it was great. But your home cooked meal looks and sounds even better!

Krista said...

I luv Alyssa's new outfit! I hope to see you this weekend. I will only be there on Sunday. Charlie will be there all weekend though. We are staying until Monday afternoon because Charlie's dad is having surgery on Monday morning. I can't wait to see you.

Samantha said...

Family, Food, and Sewing- sounds perfect!

Carletta said...

Hi,
I've looked at all that homemade food and my mouth is watering - especially for some of those biscuits!
I notice you have a grandbaby on the way - me too - May!!
Thank you for your visit and I do hope you'll come back again.