Saturday, September 6, 2008

A Visit To The Quilt Store





























The first Saturday of every month, my Mom & I go to our favorite quilt store for a Saturday Sampler. I look so forward to this day every month. Today we had my 2 "Sweet Daughters", Maranda & Mandy and my "Sweet nephew", Tyler join us. We always start our special day with breakfast at Panera Bread! We all just love this place! We went to our quilt store and then we left there and went to Office Depot. My Mom & I both bought new laptops! We have been wanting to do this for a while. My Nephew, Tyler is so very knowledgeable about computers. He knew we were going shopping for one and he had already done the research online for us. We couldn't have done this without him! Thank you Tyler! Then we headed for Hancocks and looked around. Then we stopped at a few yard sales. It was a fun day! My Mom bought me a new quilting book! I cannot wait until I can sit down and look at it. Thank you Mom!


Happy Birthday to a Special young lady who is like a member of our family-My daughter, Maranda's Best friend, since first grade- Shannon Collins!

9 comments:

Alice Grace said...

We had a very happy day with everyone! It is always fun to be with my daughter and grandchildren!

Anonymous said...

Well a day that includes family, quilt shops, and Panera has to be among the best. Looks like everyone is enjoying breakfast. I have a copy of that same book in my book stash. Woo Hoo on getting laptops. I use mine for blogging all the time and never the desktop anymore. I go from room to room.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Valerie, that meant alot to me!!! I love you all very much!! Have a blessed day!! ;) Love, Shannon Collins

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a great time.

Sara said...

Looks like you had a great time, but then again, when isn't shopping for fabric great! Glad you were able to spend some time with your daughters and nephew!

Carole Burant said...

Sounds like a wonderful day all around!! I love being able to spend a day with my mom as well and I wish I had daughters to join us...somehow, my sons never wanted to go out with me like that! lol Your daughters are just gorgeous:-) You're making me wish I knew how to quilt. I've always admired those who know how to do so. Good for you and your mom buying new laptops...that's something I want to get myself eventually. Isn't it amazing how knowledgeable in computers kids are these days?!! xoxo

Marilyn Robertson said...

Looks like you had a fantastic day! Enjoy that new book and laptop!

Alice Grace said...

You have won an award! Go to my blog and pick it up!

Midlife Mom said...

Thank you so much Valarie for you kind comments concerning our loss of Buddy. Everyone has been so caring and thoughtful and it has been such a blessing to me and my family. We are doing better each day and will always have such wonderful memories of our 16 years with our gentle giant!

What a fun day out with your Mom, the girls and your nephew! I have that book and it is just jam packed with fun projects, you will love it. I know what you mean about the young people knowing so much about computers, my 12 year old grandnephew comes over to help me with my computer woes! lol!

All of your canned goodies look sooooooooooo good! YUM!