Saturday, February 7, 2009

Wonderful Day

These are the handmade soaps from Darla. These are the hand poured candles from Darla.
These are a few quilts from Lavender Lime Quilt Store


Today was a wonderful day. I met my "Sweet Mom" & my "sweet sister", Karen and we went and ate breakfast at Panera Bread. Then we headed to our favorite quilt store for the Saturday Sampler. We always have a lot of fun there. Me & Mom went back to her house and played with her new sewing machine. It is always nice to spend time with my mom.

Then I came home and had a package waiting for me. It was from Darla! She sent me my Pay It Forward gifts. I just love them. She sent me 2 Soy Wax Candles that are hand poured. One is Butter Pecan and the other is Apple Orchard. Oh my goodness, I wish you could smell them. They are so pretty that I hate to burn them. She also made me some hand poured soap made with natural clear olive oil. Everything she used is all natural. The soaps are in all different shapes. I just love the little green frog. I have got to find the perfect little soap dish to put these in. Little did she know that I have been wanting to make some candles and soap but I have no idea how. I am hoping she will show us with a tutorial. Wouldn't that be great? Thank you Darla!

6 comments:

Alice Grace said...

What a wonderful gift Darla sent you! And yes, we did have a wonderful day going to the quilt store and just spending time together. It is one of my favorite things to do!

Unknown said...

thank you for posting the gifts I sent you, my face is slightly red though. Perhaps I will show you how to make the soaps and candles. Glad you like them.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, sounds like you had a great day. Love your new goodies from Darla!

Vishruti Dev said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
QuiltedSimple said...

What a great day you had - those candles are so pretty! Happy birthday to your Mom!
Kris

heidi @ ggip said...

What awesome pay it forward gifts. I have always thought that soap making would be fun, but I haven't gotten into it yet.

I love all the quilts you show on your blog here and on your sidebar. I am not much of a sewer at this time, but maybe one day.