Sunday, March 8, 2009

My Poor Little Quilt Block

January Block

Feb. Block
( This is the problem block!)

March Block

Oh no!

I see another problem, but I can fix this one quickly!

Do you see it?





Do you see the problem with the Feb. Block? Beautiful block, but way too small!!
How did I do this??

This is the quilt that my
Mom & I are working on with our favorite quilt store Lavender Lime. The first Saturday in the month we go and attend a little 15 minute class called the Saturday Sampler and we receive directions and fabric for a quilt block. At the end of the year we will have 12 blocks for a quilt. It is a lot of fun and we learn a lot. Remember in the last post that I was frustrated with the Feb. block and could not figure it out. I took my quilt block pieces to the quilt store and they helped me understand how to put it together. But as you can see on the last picture, there is a problem!!! Way too small!!! Thank goodness the quilt store has already told me that they will give me some more fabric to redo this block. I thought I would show you all of them so far. I just finished this months block that we received yesterday. So once I get more fabric for the Feb. block I will re-do and this time I will do it right.....I HOPE!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great project for you and your Mom. Sounds like a lot of fun and I know you'll get it right now. It will be fun to follow your progress.

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

can't wait to see the finished item
Molly

Susie said...

Those are lovely quilt blocks. I admire all you quilters. My grandmother was one and I am lucky to have two of them.

Unknown said...

Hi Valerie. Thanks for stopping by my blog. That's funny about your block. That's so typical of my mom and I. It makes quilting exciting?!

Katie said...

Hi Valerie, nice to meet you too and thanks for coming by my blog and becoming a follower. I really appreciate it and am looking forward to getting to know you better through your blog too!

Anonymous said...

So glad you found my blog. I try to keep up with it but I'm not very good at that.

Janie

Shelley said...

Such beautiful colors in your quilt!!

Miss Jean said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. My friend made an entire quilt with the tri-rec blocks. She hated them!! So you are certainly not alone. I've been too "chicken" to even try it.

Needled Mom said...

Oops!!! So glad they gave you new fabric to redo the Feb. block. The March one should be an easy fix. Are you becoming good friends with your seam ripper????

Karen said...

Hey Valerie, thanks for stopping by my blog. I love the blocks you are working on...as for your problem...been there done that...I still haven't fixed mine. Hope you had a good weekend.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Hi Valerie...thanks so much for dropping by my blog...oh dear how often have we done things like that...great blocks...

*karendianne. said...

Pretty blocks, pretty fabrics and great skill builders. I love that. I love anything that challenges me to work through it. You go girl!!!

Alice Grace said...

Great job on the second one, anyway! Drop it into the orphan pile. I have built a little stash in my orphans that I add to occasionally.
You are ahead of me, now!
I actually think block two is the prettiest one as far as design and color.

Nanette Merrill said...

Sash the little one in the light color fabric. No one will know. I've done the same thing.

Patty Sumner said...

I just do not have the patient to quilt. I love quilts and have collected many. I appreciate all you quilters who take time to do such beautiful and hard work.

Anonymous said...

Have you learned yet what the reason is for the block being smaller? I don't sew those triangles if I can help it so I'm not experienced enough to offer advice.