Monday, November 2, 2009

Remember this???

This was back in June of this year. We had went fishing in a nearby river.
I caught my fish and my sweet honey told me that he had fished for many years and had never caught a small mouth Bass like I caught. My heart was pounding. I was so excited. My fish weight 5 lbs and for smallmouth bass that is pretty good. I was feeling very proud. Then all of the sudden, 10 minutes later sweet honey pulled one up bigger than mine! His was 5 1/2 lbs. Now both our hearts were beating so fast. We had so much fun that night. He just thought it was amazing that we both caught huge smallmouth bass in such a short time.
We normally don't keep our fish but we wanted to get these mounted and so we did.
We just got them back this week. Aren't they something?
My heart still beats fast just thinking about the day we caught these.

Sweet honey's fish is on the top and mine is on the bottom. I love the way the guy mounted these on a piece of driftwood. This is making me want to go fishing!!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look great mounted on the driftwood together. What a great way to preserve precious memories from the summer. You all had some wonderful fishing trips earlier this year.

Michelle said...

Those fish will always hold your special memories. They look great.
Be blessed,
Michelle

Alice Grace said...

Could I say, GREAT CATCH! What fun you two have together.

Darla said...

What a trophy!!

Kim said...

This is neat. My husband loves to fish, but I don't like it much. I showed him these pictures and he said those were big. He also said he would like to have something like that on his wall!

Amelia said...

Fishing - can't beat this fun sport. Your mounted ones look great!

Toni in Molalla said...

What a great mount! I caught my first oversize sturgeon this year and it is something I will never forget!

Needled Mom said...

Beautiful, Val. You will have many years of pleasure from them.

SandyQuilts said...

Oh Val what fun. I love that you guys had them mounted.

G'G'ma said...

I've never seen fish mounted on driftwood before. Well, I've rarely seen fish mounted!!!! Guess we don't know many fisherwomen and men. It is really a striking piece and you have every right to be proud of your catch.

Allie said...

I want to go fishing now - those are wonderful!!!!

Carole Burant said...

I just love the way the fish were mounted on a piece of driftwood! I love the story behind those two fish, how cool is that! lol xoxo