Monday, March 8, 2010

Mothers Know Just What To Do

I went to Mom's house just like I always do the first Sat. in the month so we can attend the Saturday Sampler at our quilt store. But when I got to my Moms house I had lots of surprises waiting for me there! It was so much fun to open it all.

Look at these potholders Mom made. If you would like to see the tutorial that she followed you can visit And Sew On! Go to her sidebar and you will see the tutorial. Don't you just love the fabric that Mom used?

Can you believe all this was in that bag? Look at all the fat quarters. Even that roll is fat quarters!
Oh Look at this! Moda Natures Notebook charm squares!
When we went to our quilt store I bought some fat quarters to match it.
I am just dreaming about what I will do with this.

This is an apron panel. Isn't it cute? It is reversible. Mom made one of these for Midlife Mom and I think Mom took my hint!!!! I can't wait to make it.

But this gift right here got me right in the heart!
It is a binder so that when we do a project we can print it out and keep it organized in this book.
But just look at the cover! It is the prayer that I have at the top of this blog and look at the picture.......Granny's sweet hands!

The very first page in this binder is a comment from my friend Julie which includes a prayer for me. I just love the way my Mom thinks. Is this special or what?? What a sweet thing to open my book to.

This is the second page in my book. This Too Shall Pass. My mom gave me this a long time ago and oh how I have used this poem in my trials. And it is true.....This Too Shall Pass.

My Sweet Mom saw this project for needlework and she included it in the binder with all of the instructions. When I saw it I told her it reminded me of us.....Me & Mom! She said she thought the same thing.

This is another project that she printed out for my book. I can't wait to try to make this.

This is our next big project. This is a tutorial for a Postage Stamp Quilt by Heidi that we are following. Well, Mom is already doing it but I am behind. I am planning on catching up though. I am excited about this project.

This is some fabric that my Mom gave me. It looks like leather but its not. She made the cutest purse with it. If you would look like to see the purse please visit Moms Blog!

Thank you Mom!

You always know just what to do!

21 comments:

Alice Grace said...

I am so glad you liked your PIF gifts. Sorry, but you have to make the apron yourself but I knew you would like to do that.
I clicked on each picture in your book and it is very visible if anyone wants to see it better.
I loved my project book idea for us. We are always looking for projects that we have done or are in the process of doing. I think we will enjoy that. I am going to make one for myself this week. I can't wait to see the embroidery of two sisters finished. (challenge).

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

What a wonderful mother you have, and what sweet thoughtfulness from her. Certainly, these things will be cherished for a long time to come.

You are so blessed, my dear. Don't ever take the love and friendship of your mother lightly.

Have a wonderful week, knowing you are loved.
Michelle

Pat said...

Wow...you hit the jackpot with all those things from your mom. The book, though, is the BEST!!! Thanks for sharing all of it with us today. My mom has been gone now for over 20 years and I wish she could see some of the things I've done in my life and know my daughter and grandkids, too. *sigh* Your post had me in tears for the things I wish......that can never be again. I'm happy you have such a good time with your mom....and I know you truly value that.

Amelia said...

Val, Your Mother is wonderful! I know you appreciate her so much.

The project book will be a fun thing to do...and take pictures of the finished item.

Rhonda said...

I saw similar potholders somewhere else and wondered how to make them
thank you so much for posting the link to the tutorial.

Heidi said...

Wow! What a special gift. You are so lucky to have a friend (MOM) like that.

I love Granny's hands on your project book. I got a little teary when I saw that.

I'm praying for you!

caknitter said...

Oh, Valerie what a beautiful and thoughtful gift. You have the best mom! And, she is so right...this too shall pass.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh man I was tearing up on this one!! With my mom in the hospital this really touched me! You have a the dearest mother. The time and work that went into that, the love! Every time you use that book you will remember the love your mother has for you!
I am so humbled she included the prayer I prayed for you. I am just so thankful to be part of a great group of Godly Christian women on the internet.

YOu have a blessed day my friend!!

Kim said...

Oh, everything is just wonderful. What a sweet thoughtful mom you have! Of course, I already knew that. I love your apron panel too, my kitchen is decorated in roosters. The binder is the best, everything is just great. What a sweet blessing

Sweet P said...

Your mother is a special woman. Your gifts are wonderful and I hope you enjoy all of them a lot.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Valerie, your post made me cry. What a sweet mom you have, just as sweet as her beautiful face implies. I'm so glad you have her nearby.
I have a scripture for your: "But you are a shield around me, O Lord; you bestow glory on me and lift up my head." (Psalm 3:3).
This was the theme for our women's spiritual conference this past weekend. There's also a song here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB6cFqCBMAE&feature=related#watch-main-area
Hugs,
Susan

Connie said...

Your gifts was wonderful, but the most precious gift is being able to spent time with your mother. Enjoy, have a bless day. Happy sewing!

Needled Mom said...

Your mom is such a special woman and I know that she put a lot of love and thought into each one of those gifts.

Carole Burant said...

Look at all those quilting goodies your mom gave you and that project book she made for you is absolutely wonderful!! Such a terrific idea to have and keep track of all the projects you make and will make:-) You, your mom and Granny hold such a special place in my heart. xoxo

Jamie said...

This is such a special gift! The binder is great! I love to read about the bond that you have with your family. Family is everything!

quiltingnana said...

your binder is such a keepsake...

Allie said...

Wow - your mom sure knows how to spoil you!!!!! I LOVE that binder! What a special lady she is.

Diane said...

Aren't mom's the best? They always seem to know what to say and do. You both are so lucky to have each other.

Midlife Mom said...

I just LOVE the project book! What a fabulous idea!!! I try to get pictures of most of the things that I make but they are stuck somewhere on my computer and aren't organized. I am going to go out tomorrow and get the stuff to make one so that I can keep track of everything! Your Mom is one of the sweetest people around, she made me such a lovely PIF and I didn't have to make the apron myself! heehee! You are so blessed to have each other and have things that you enjoy doing together. My Mom always used to put the bindings on my quilts until she lost her eyesight. It was so sad for her and for me as we enjoyed doing projects together. Cherish these moments.

Anonymous said...

Valerie, it looks like your mother loves you! :) So glad these were just the perfect gifts, and hope it lifted your spirits!