Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sewing Room Is Finished

I have worked so hard in my basement.  All the piles are gone!  I am now a filer!
I am blessed to have a whole room just for my sewing area.  I decided that is why I don't sew much because I needed organization.  So I am over it.  There is a place for everything and everything in its place. This is one of my Singer 401A's.  I got this wonderful sewing machine from my good blogging friend Michelle!  I would not take anything for it.
My sewing machine guy that I use says this is a work horse.  He says that this is the best sewing machine ever made.  It is amazing.  It will do anything.  I haven't learned all of it yet.
I almost sold my chalk board in the yard sale.  I am so glad that I didn't.
I now have all of my goals written on it.  Maybe I will get something accomplished now.
This is my Brother Embroidery Machine.  It is not anything fancy and I have a lot to learn on it too. See the little basket underneath.....it is full of my scraps covered by the sewing machine cover.  It was made by a blogger and sent to Granny and after she passed away they gave it to me.  Another treasure from Granny!
My "Sweet Mother" made these precious dolls in the center. A treasure from Mom.
The Lucy doll was given to me several years ago from my daughters.  They know that "I love Lucy" and I do!  I know someone else that does too, right Allie??
The little wooden sewing machine was Granny's. She stored her thread in it. Treasure.  The pin cushions were made by a blogger friend for me, Mom & Granny.  I have mine and Granny's.  Another treasure. I won the little quilt hanging on the wall from my favorite quilt store in Chattanooga Tennessee!  Lavender Lime Quilt Store
Everyone deals with something in their life that they cannot do anything about.  So this hangs on my wall in my sewing room as a reminder that I cannot fix everything for everybody.
I have enough to take care of just taking care of ME!
I moved the stuff around in this sewing machine everywhere.  The sewing machine was sitting here when I realized that I needed a chair in my sewing room. So I got to thinking about the outside furniture that I have on my deck.  Don't worry I have lots more.  Anyway I brought the little glider rocker down and then added the tables.  Then I decided to go get a lounger and try it.  I think I like this.
Well the first thing I notice is my picture is crooked!  Gotta fix that.  I found that at a yard sale.  It is actually a cabinet door complete with hinges.  They just painted that on it.  I love it.  Of course I have to have my computer down there.  It is sitting on Granny's old sewing machine cabinet.  More treasures. 
This is just another view of my furniture in my sewing room.  That star quilt  on my design wall is one that I started with Crazy Mom Quilts a long time ago.  I sure hope that she keeps the instructions up so I can finish this.
Well that is the tour of my special room.  I am so glad that it is finished.
No more piles. Everything has a place.  Oh see my shelves in the back.  They hold so much stuff.  I bought this at a yard sale too.  It is just perfect. To the left you can see a little bit of my cutting table.  It folds out to be about 6 foot wide and has 2 drawers and 2 cabinets in it.  Then it folds up to fit where I need it too.  I bought it at Walmart several years ago.  It was on clearance and was the last one they had.  I am glad that I bought it.   I love it.
So what do you think?  I love it.  Now lets see if I get in there and sew.  I think I will. 

23 comments:

Wanda said...

It turned out great. I'm hoping to get my space done soon. I so want to get busy getting things done.

Wanda

Amelia said...

Fantastic - a place for everything and everything in its place...I am sure you will accomplish more now. Plus you can just close the door and leave a project out and not have to worry about the place being messy.

Pat said...

I love your sewing room. Mine is small AND it is also the grandkids' bedroom when they visit, so I have to dismantle it a lot....and I also can't use all the drawers and shelves for my stuff as there are some toys and books in there for the grands, so you are very lucky to have that big space for yourself!

Anonymous said...

Your room turned out wonderful!!! All your hard work paid off, and now you can get sewing! I'm happy for you...Enjoy~~~~

Susannah said...

Oh Val...your sewing room is wonderful! It is so neat! Everything looks so clean, orderly and comfy. I know you will be happy. And it will be just for you!

It is such a comfort to come and read your blog before retiring for the night. I look forward to reading about everything you are doing.

I know you will have such fun in your "special" room. I am looking forward to seeing some beautiful sewing! Now ....get to work...soon.

Friends,
Susannah

snoring solutions said...

I know you will be happy. And it will be just for you!I love your sewing room.

Michelle said...

I didn't know you were doing this. I love it, and I know you will too.

Darla said...

A girls hang out room!! Love it.

Alice Grace said...

That is a beautiful place to sew! I love the way you arranged it, and also the idea of the lounge chair in there is perfect! A great place to sit and do a little handwork, or just get a little rest! Good job! Love the Star quilt design inspired by Crazy Mom!

Jeannie B. said...

Oh, nothing inspires me more than pictures of a tidy sewing room. I want to go right in and get busy!

Gene Black said...

Your sewing room looks GREAT. I wish I had that type of space for mine. I love the design wall.

About the start quilt design, when I do something like that and it gets "left behind" I always try to copy and paste the instructions in a Word document so I have them later. I also paste in a link so I know where it came from.

I am way more organized on the computer than in my house!

Linda said...

Hi Val, Your sewing room looks great.

Jocelyn said...

It really looks great Val.

StitchinByTheLake said...

What a wonderful room Val! I can hardly wait to get home to work in my sewing room. :) We leave tomorrow! blessings, marlene

Allie said...

Val it is just perfect!! I love it! Love your Lucy doll, I have a tin sign from that episode- I use to have the Vitavitavegamin doll but sold it on ebay [what WAS I thinking!]. I love that you have treasures from Granny around to inspire you. This is a brilliant workspace and you have enough room to relax, too. Excellent job, sweetie!

Midlife Mom said...

Your sewing room turned out just beautifully Val! Everything in it's place and a place for everything. I think you will sew more with everything at your fingertips now. I love my sewing room but I wish it had a window so I could gaze out and rest my eyes from so much sewing at one time. Once I get going I hate to stop!

The food in your last post made me drool all over myself! I want to go to Micky D's and get one of those chocolate covered ice creams!!!!! I'm going to head over to your cooking blog and check out some of those recipes.

Hope you have a lovely weekend!! xoxox

Carole Burant said...

I love it! Sometimes it's all we need, a special room, to get the creative juices flowing:-) You really did put a lot of work into this room but it's all worth it and I have no doubt you will be crafting beautiful quilts and such in there!! XOXO

Patty said...

Look at you all organized and all. The room came out great.

Joanne said...

Your sewing room looks great!! Getting organized is a very creative process ... pat yourself on the back. Love, Joanne

Needled Mom said...

It is just fabulous! It makes all the difference in the world to have a place set up just for your sewing.

I love the idea of the outdoor furniture too.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Wonderful sewing room. It looks so cozy.

Connie said...

Love your sewing room, so much room, hope you will get a lot of enjoyment in there. Have a great week!

Love Bears All Things said...

It looks great..I hope you don't miss having a window in it...I like being able to see out.
Mama Bear