Saturday, March 22, 2014

The List.

Keeping with the Simplifying theme.......
 
Having a Servants heart.
We have already discussed Helping others,
but having a servants heart for your family
should be our priority.
 
 
Enjoy the Journey.
We can get so caught up in trying to achieve a simple lifestyle,
 that we can forget to play and then we will lose our focus.
 
Shop wisely.
 There are so many ways to be more frugal.
Being frugal will enable us to save money
for that rainy day. 
And believe me it is going to rain.
Eat for less.
This is probably our number 1 expense.
So right now, we are eating out of our freezer and
pantry to see how long we can go without going
to the store!
It does no good to stock up if it just sits in our cabinets
or the freezer.


Just Say No.
Do we have our priorities in order?
Are we too busy?
1. God.
2. Self.
3. Family.
4. Work.
5. Church.
6. Everything & everyone else.
 
Make A List.
We often put way too much on our plates.
Start small, putting just enough on our plate.
Where do we want to start?
Our spiritual life?
Our family life?
Our house?
Our finances?
Our Meals?
Our work?
***********************
Don't worry, Don't hurry, Do your best,
and leave the rest!
******************
And that ye study to be quiet, and do your own business,
and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you;
That ye may walk honestly toward them that are without,
and that ye may have lack of nothing.
Thessalonians 4:11,12 KJV
 


3 comments:

annie said...

great post!

Little Penpen said...

Another good post. I agree with the stocking up thing... when I put meat in the freezer, I think, 'now how long should I keep it before I eat it?' LOL

StitchinByTheLake said...

I'm a great believer in stocking up but like you I am reminding myself to use from my storage....I put the date on everything and try to watch that when I'm cooking. I think I could last a long time without shopping except for milk and eggs. :) blessings, marlene