Thursday, April 3, 2014

Best Ever Homemade Powdered Laundry Detergent



 4 lb. box of Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda
4 lb. box of Baking Soda
4 lb. box of Borax
1.3 lb. container of Oxy Clean
3 Bars of Fels-Napha Soap
(You can also use Ivory, Zote, or Castile but
FN is my favorite! I use Ivory when
I don't want a scent!)
 Mix everything together in large container.
 Grate the soap.
I am looking for a cheap used food processor because....well, just because!
Smile!
 Mix all together.
 I just stir and stir.
 
Then I start dipping in to my huge jars!
 
This recipe fills 2 - 2 gallon jars.
And then I always fill some
quart jars and give them
for gifts!
It smells so good and washes your clothes so good
 and besides all that it saves you lots of money!
It only takes 3 tablespoons for a large load!
Hope you make it!
 So far it is my favorite powdered
recipe!
**********************************
This is the day which the Lord hath made;
we will rejoice and be glad in it..............
even while doing laundry!
Psalm 118:24 KJV
(except for the last 4 words!)
 

4 comments:

Christie said...

I make my own also and I love it!!! So happy you posted this :-).....I've used Dove soap in my batches....it works really well on Clint's greasy work clothes :-)

annie said...

I have done this except did not use the baking soda, just the washing soda. It cleaned okay for us, but I think the town water affected it, it still wasn't white enough cleaning our white socks. Maybe a bit more oxyclean? Will have to give it a try, thanks for sharing.

StitchinByTheLake said...

I make my own detergent too, and fabric softener as well. However I didn't have Oxiclean in my recipe. I needed to make some this week so I added that to my recipe and it really did make a difference I think. Things looks brighter. So thanks for the recipe! blessings, marlene

Diane Smitson said...

I love the idea of homemade. How much do you use in a load and can you use it in a HE washer? I love your blog and you too :)