Sunday, April 6, 2014

The Little Boy & The Old Man


Said the little boy, " Sometimes I drop my spoon."
Said the old man, "I do that too."
 
The little boy whispered, "I wet my pants."
"I do that too," laughed the old man.
 
Said the little boy, "I often cry".
The old man nodded, "So do I."

"But worst of all," said the little boy,
"It seems grown ups don't pay attention to me.




 And he felt the warmth of a wrinkled old hand.
"I know what you mean," said the little old man.
Shel Silverstein
*******************************************************
 
Look around.
(I am.)
You may know someone that would love to receive a note,
a kind word, a helping hand, a phone call,
an invitation to lunch, supper or even coffee.
It doesn't take much.
Someone needs YOU!
 
But exhort one another daily, while it is called today;
 lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
Hebrews 3:13




4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Really sweet post, Val!

Needled Mom said...

Beautiful, Val!

Adoption Mama said...

Our pastor just preached on Heb. 3 this last week. Such a timely reminder.

Jocelyn said...

Hi Val
I hope you had a blessed Easter!