Sunday, January 22, 2017

Lessons From The Past Week


I started last week asking if you had ever kissed your Bible!
I haven't until now.
This was a gift from a Missionary that shared with me
about when they gave Bibles and coats to the women
making these baskets by hand.......how they kissed their Bibles.
I will always look at this basket and think of coats and Bibles.
The rest of the week I taught on how to carve out some "Me Time."
We as women, always put ourselves last.
The same girl that gave me the basket taught me
many years ago to never let a day go by without
doing something for myself.
It's also very important to have
special time for you and your husband.
I know one woman that put her children before her husband.
The children grew up and it was just him and her.
They didn't know each other.
They ended up divorced.
Sad.
We  learned that a marriage is just like a garden.
We have to be careful and not let the weeds take over.
The very best way you can take care of your husband,
is to take care of YOU first.
We are all getting older but you have to
need to be positive about yourself and not negative.
I shared a conversation I had with a friend and
all we did was put ourselves down.
We need to say to ourselves....
I am beautiful.
I am good enough.
I am not afraid.
I am smart.
I am strong.
I am worthy.
I am trusting.
I am not going to worry.
 I am blessed.
I am HIS and HE is mine.
I am the daughter of the King Of Kings!
*********************
This is just a short summary of what I taught on
Our Forever Farm Facebook page.
If you would like to follow....
Click Here!
Also, visit me on my cooking blog....
Click Here!





1 comment:

Little Penpen said...

That's a beautiful basket. I'm not certain, but I think I may have kissed my Bible a time or two!