Saturday, February 8, 2020

Flood & Snow & Grands

Friday came the flood.

Saturday, the snow.

And the snow was gorgeous.

I guess snow is my favorite!!!

Dog's first snow!!!

Dog's first flood!!!!


The Cows first snow too!

Oh I enjoyed watching the birds out my window so much!

I think we ended up with 3 1/2 inches!

Dog is so brave when there is a gate
 or fence between her and the cows!!

Oh how we love our home!!!
Welcome to the Farm!
Est. 1887

This is "Little Huddy & his daddy
playing in the snow!

The closest thing to a selfie you will see from me!!!
Smile!!!


I put meal worms in my flower baskets in the winter!
This one was looking for them in the snow!!!

This is my deer feeder!
Sweet Hunter asked me what I wanted for my birthday
and I told him a deer feeder!
He said, "That will work!"
Luckily he asked our friend Markus to come help move it up in the yard
before the flood came!
They almost didn't put it high enough!!!

When it snows, I love to take pics!!!

Can you tell??

More of the flood.
Feb. 7, 2020
This is actually the road in front of our house.
We live on a dead end.

Look at all the black birds!!
They came flying in all at once.
I was so afraid they would find my feeders but
they flew out as fast as they flew in 
after they found some food.

Two more of our Grands!
Davis & Asher

They are growing up so fast!
D is 11 years old!!!
A is 8 years old!!!!

This is our most recent calf!!!!
Donnie Boy & Mommy!
3 months old!!!

This is a big bird bath that is up in the yard.
Look how high the water is!!!


The corn crib!!!
Snow. Feb. 8, 2020

Little Huddy is 5 years old!
He is our youngest grand!!!
We have 6 grands!
It is so hard to get pictures of the others.
They are almost grown!
Actually one of them is grown!
We blinked!
**********************************
The Lord is my shepherd. 
I shall not want.
Psalm 23:1

Be Blessed,
Val


5 comments:

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

Just like Missouri, floods and snow this winter, just not in the same week!

Karen said...

So thrilled to see your photos of your farm. We are from Ohio originally and we still miss the snow...you can't get enough of those first pics!! The Flood is amazing too and glad it stopped where it did! Your farm has grown into something so beautiful....Bravo for all the work!! Remember me, the Quilter in Aiken SC.......I am now battling, or God and I are battling breast cancer. God made the way, and the Mammogram found it at stage 2 and He kept it encased and no lymph glands. He also gave us the perfect, sweetest, Christian surgeon we could have ever had! She is amazing!!....so we are into Chemo now; have to get 2 units of blood on Monday, my bone marrow does not like Chemo; so treatment #4 of 10 plus radiation weeks, will be this coming Friday; if my blood counts sit up and take notice Monday. God is in control and ever so kind. Gary and I celebrated our 50 on my 70th on December 27th. He buzzed my head 2 days later...some of the family came down....God just is our Joy and our Strength. God bless you sweet devoted family. and Happy New Year close to Valentines Day!! God is Love, and yes, Psalms 23! never fails.....Karen

Karen said...

I know I left a comment earlier but just read more posts, of your vicki and your cancers...I came back to my blog to post also, after being absent with a Neuro/muscular disease that hit me 4 years ago now; a rare event, like 1% of women....that is barely no woman...now my triple negative breast cancer is also rare for white women...but God knows...here is my blog connection...I am not on FB but on instagram at thesewingbaseket...blog: inthesewingbasket.blogspot.com God Bless you Sunday....I am neutropenic so at home most of the time.... God has this!!!...He always does!!
also a blessing to me is this dailyaudiobible.com Karen

Mama Pea said...

What a treat for you to see the snow! The flooding, not so much. Hoping it has receded leaving no damage behind. The grandchildren must have been delighted to have that much snow to play in. And your pictures are lovely, too.

Mari said...

We've been getting flooded too, but not that much!
We are now getting snow like crazy.
Cute grandsons!