Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Best Friends

This is my all time favorite picture of me
 and my best friend 
"Vicki Lou!"
I have no idea what we were laughing at but
I guarantee you it was funny.
This picture was taken in her Daddy's apartment.
He actually took this picture.
I wish I had all the pictures he took that day.
I will have to do a post on him one day.
He was my adopted daddy.
We lost Vicki November 15, 2019
I will never forget this date.
Ever.

We have a unique story on how we met.
I will have to tell you that one day too. 
Long story short, I was best friends with another sweet friend.
Life just took us in different directions.
But now life has brought us back together. 
We always loved each other and Vicki knew that.
She had children that she shared with Vicki.
 I remember one time Vicki 
posting on facebook thanking 
her for sharing her girls with her.
The girls were so good to Vicki during this illness.
Those girls are like my own.
They were my first babies.
I tell my children this often.
"You have to go through things 
sometimes to get where you are going."

Vicki and Eddie had a son together and I will be honest.
I don't know how to describe the blessing he was to his Mom.
If it weren't for him, Eddie 
would not have been able to work during 
her sickness. Honestly there are no words.
Nick is a man of few words (just like his dad & my Sweet Hunter) but boy did he show
 his character during this hard time.
I love him like my own.
Pray for all their children.

"This is us!"
What can I say?
41 year friendship.
She knows things about me that no one else will ever know.
I know things about her that no one else will ever know.
I guess everybody has their own secrets with Vicki.
She was just that type of person.
But we used to kid and say we would
 take it to the grave with us.
And we will.
There is not many people that 
have the kind of friendship we had.
I have had many best friends and 
I treasure them all but they were short.
That doesn't mean we still didn't love each other.
It just means that life took us different directions.
41 years is a long time.
We talked everyday up until she couldn't do it anymore.
The phone calls stopped. The texts stopped.
I missed her so.
I miss her now.
She was as close to a sister as anyone could ever be to me.
I treasure that!

I have to end this post telling you about Vicki & Eddie.
There is no doubt they were meant to be together.
Vicki loved him with all her heart.
Eddie loved her with all of his heart.
He still does.
I am not writing this to be sad. 
I am writing this for their children and grands and my children & grands.
Eddie is an amazing man.
He has been like a brother to me for many, many years.
I know without a doubt 
that if I needed anything, I could call him.
But when Vicki came along, our friendship was always there but it was all about us girls, you know?
There are good men still left in this world.
I have one and Vicki had one.
Eddie was so good to her.
They were married almost 42 years!!!
That's says it all.
Pray for him.
This picture is off my phone but I still wanted to share.
We had so much fun together and I treasure the memories.
Again, I do not write this for us to be sad, although we are.
I write it for our children to know that life can bring friends
that are more than blood. And they are family.
I don't know what I would have 
done without Vicki all these years.
I probably wouldn't be the person I am today.
She made me a better person.
So don't give up on friendships.
There is nothing like a true friend.
And don't get too busy because life is short.
Believe me.
You will hear about Vicki on this blog many times.
I don't want my children to forget the little things.

I asked my Pastor....."Why Vicki?"
He said, "because she had her work done."
I better get busy.
I have work to do.
******************************
And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? 
Wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?
Luke 2:49

Be Blessed,
Val

1 comment:

Cheryll said...

That's such a sad story but a wonderful friendship that will last forever...xox