Monday, February 3, 2020

The Porch At The Farm


This is the Before.

So Sweet Hunter wanted a porch instead of the steps. 
I didn't think much of it because I liked it this way. 
 This is the door
on the side of the house going into the kitchen.
I think it looks good, don't you?


You see, the truth is, I have wanted a big screened in porch on the back of the house
 for quite a while, even before I got sick.
So I will admit I was a little disappointed getting this first.
But what Sweet Hunter wants, Sweet Hunter gets!
(Smile)
So here they go tearing the old steps out.

And little by little it was becoming a small porch. 
Our carpenter called and had a day or two so he came
 and did this pretty quick.
Truth be known Sweet Hunter did it for me.
I love him!
And he always knows best.



This is the After.
So here it is all finished!
Looks pretty good doesn't it?
And he even put a hook on the porch so 
when we bring groceries in we can hook it 
so the screen door will stay open.
I thought that was so smart.
So I guess in the end, I have to admit, he did good again!
I will decorate it with some with plants and maybe a chair when
warmer weather comes. 
Next, will be the big screened in porch I've always dreamed of.  
I'm excited!  It will probably be spring
 before we get started on it.
I have it all planned out. 

Be Blessed,
Val


3 comments:

Lori @ Back Porch Ramblings said...

Very nice!

Little Penpen said...

My back porch is about that size too. Better than straight steps that were way too steep for me. I hope you enjoy your new little porch.

Needled Mom said...

It looks beautiful. I like the idea of a hook for the door.