Saturday, January 25, 2020

Today Was A Good Day

My mornings are usually good especially if I have slept well.  Today I woke up early as usual.  Made those little donuts from canned biscuits.  It was great to sit in front of our wood fire and enjoy those.....me with my coke & Sweet Hunter with his coffee.  We even watched a movie together.  Wish Man.  Have you heard of it? It was very good.  It is a true story.  That's about the only time we could watch a movie together. Early Saturday morning.  

Later on, I fixed us roast beef sandwiches and put our lunch on for tomorrow.  We aren't a fan of going out on Sundays. I made taco soup.  I don't think I have ever made that before. My girls have but not me.  We will see.  Tonight I fixed a shrimp stir fry with rice.  I am not a big fan of that kind of food but I loved the shrimp.  Sweet Hunter loved it all! Of course, he is like Mikey! Remember Mikey? He liked everything!

I usually go to bed early since all this "stuff" has happened to me.  I don't go to sleep early but its my relaxing time.  I don't watch tv during the day but I watch it when I go to bed.  I love our bedroom. It has a  fireplace in it and on top of it is some of our favorite pictures of us.  Not the kids, just us.  And then there is our big king size bed. I love it too. My sweet Mom made a quilt for me just for my bed.  I wouldn't take anything for that. 

 We have 2 chairs in here. One is a massage chair that also serves as a recliner and my Grandma Cochrans glider rocker that I wouldn't take anything for.  Laying across it, is a lap blanket I made her before she left us many years ago.  I crocheted it myself.  (My best friend Vick taught me how to crochet many years ago.  Oh how I miss my Vicki) When Grandma died they gave it back to me.  I hope one day, one of the kids will treasure it like I have.  

I got a little emotional today. It happens. I think its normal after what I've been through. There really is no reason.  It just seems as though the things I love to do, I can't do as I once did.  But my sweet friend, Marlene (stitching by the lake blog & youtuber) called me the other day, and really gave me another way to look at things.  She also sent me something very special in the mail that will help me focus and get my prayer life where it should be.  Thank you Marlene.  

I heard that many don't blog anymore. I haven't had a chance to visit but I am planning on it.  This is the time of day I will be on here winding down for the night.  I always loved this blog.  If you are out there and happen upon this blog, and remember me, Please comment and let me know if you are still blogging.  I always loved this place.  And any tips to help me get back to this, would be greatly appreciated.  
Well, I am signing off for tonight.  Pray for me and I will pray for you.  I promise. God knows.  
I am glad to be back. I am thankful I woke up today.

Be Blessed,
Val
#prayforleighandben
#prayformyson
#prayforbrendac
#prayforus




4 comments:

Kathleen Kingsbury said...

I've always enjoyed reading your blog, about your family, your beautiful home, your garden, your cooking. I'm glad you are back to blogging, and I admire your spirit through all your hardships. God bless.
Kathleen - kakingsbury at verizon dot net

Lori @ Back Porch Ramblings said...

Sad to say, my old blog has been neglected for quite a long time. I'd like to get back to it but it seems something else is always a priority. Glad to see you back on here tho!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

I'm still here - blogging has been sporadic at times but hanging in there. Prayers to you my friend. So sorry for your pain both physically and emotionally Prayers for you ♥ Does your mom still blog?

StitchinByTheLake said...

Val you know I haven’t written on my blog in forever but writing us still a great love. Morning devotion texts to friends and family seem to satisfy that need. And I love my videos too. Glad you’re feeling better! Blessings, Marlene