Tuesday, January 21, 2020

A Long Story Short

As you seen in the last post, I was diagnosed with Cancer in October, 2018. The bad thing is that my best friend, Vicki was diagnosed the next month. I had chemo from Nov 2018 until May 2019. Hardest thing I have ever done until Nov. 15, 2019. I had to tell Vicki goodbye.  We were best friends for 41 years.  Nov. 23 was her and her hubby, Eddies, 42nd anniversary and Nov. 26 was her 67th birthday. Our hearts are broken. We were like sisters. We told each other everything. She was my childrens second mom. I miss her. We miss her.

It's Jan. 21 today. As far as my health, my scans are good and my tumor markers are good. Thank you Lord.  I still have debilitating pain with my back.  I got an MRI today hopeful that they will find something that they can fix.  I also got an IV that should help strengthen my bones that were damaged through chemo and steroids.  

2019 has been the hardest year of my life.  I also have another major thing that has to do with a family member that needs lots of prayer.  Please help my pray.  

I really want to do more on my blog. I love facebook but I always said this blog is for my children.  I have a lot to learn. I have forgotten a lot of this stuff but hope to continue soon. One thing I am having problems with is loading pictures.  I guess I will figure it out.  

I met a lot of blogging friends through this blog. Oh not in person, but some of my dearest friends in the blogging world are from this blog I started in 2007.  I have so many things I want to do.  
But this is a start......

4 comments:

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

Great start! Welcome back my friend. I keep telling myself to blog more. I too want it mostly for the family. Or me when I forget!

EvaLyn said...

You have been and are in my prayers. I have read your story with tears. I am sorry for what you have been through and for the loss of your friend. Let's rejoice in your test results. Your faith is still strong, but we are here to hold you up when you are weak.

Little Penpen said...

I’m so sorry about your friend. I do pray 2020 is good to you! I miss you here on blogger.

Needled Mom said...

Oh Val, I am so sorry. You have been through a lot this past year. I'm so glad to hear that your scans and markers remain good.