Wednesday, October 16, 2019

My Cancer Journey Part 1

January 2018
My journey.

Sweet Hunter had been out of town.
While he was gone it was cold and the ponds were frozen. To give the cows water I had to beat the ice with a hoe. It was so hard I had to call one of our friends for help. Thankfully, George took care of the cows for me & I could carry fresh water to the other animals.
I was so thankful when Sweet Hunter came home. I was so excited. I wanted to get all the chores done so I could see him. So I went outside and started with Lily, our great Pyranees. She was 100 lb puppy at the time that wanted to sit on our laps all the time. She was bigger than us. Lol. Well. Sweet Hunter had always told me when I go out & he’s not here to carry my cell phone. But that day I didn’t. I knew he was home and I’d be back in quickly.
Well long story short, Lily jumped up on me, knocked me down on a frozen creek, got in my lap and wouldn’t get off. She was as excited to see me as I was to see Sweet Hunter! (Smile) I knew I was hurt because I couldn’t move. So I sat until she decided to get off when she saw a squirrel. I could barely move. I was in pain. But I suffered through and got everything else fed and watered. Then came in, told my Sweet Hunter what happened. Of course he told me I should have had my cell phone to call him. He was right. As always.
As I moved around, it seemed to ease up some with pain pills (which I hate) but I was just so excited my Sweet Hunter was home. He doesn’t have to leave but once a year and only for a couple of days but it seems like a life time to me.
Our baby girl, Mandy had just moved in a new house and I hadn’t got to help her at all. So I went to bed with the plans to wake up and go help her. And I did go but wasn’t much help. When I woke up, I told SH that I felt like I had the flu. I don’t mean like a cold but aching all over especially my back. I went down to her house, when I realized I couldn’t help. SH came by and told me I needed to eat so he took us to lunch but I just couldn’t. He told me to go home and rest. I remember getting in my car but I couldn’t tell you how I got home. The only thing I remember that day after that is seeing my bed and crawling in. And if anyone knows me. I don’t do that. I don’t hardly sit down. much less lay down.
That was the beginning of my journey. I started yesterday looking back. Now I’m catching you up starting with the beginning. Again, this is not for sympathy. This is to encourage you to listen to your body and know what’s happening.
I just hope this helps someone. Everybody has a story. Welcome to ours. 
Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

No comments: