Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A MOTHER'S LOVE











There are times when only a Mother's love
Can understand our tears,
Can soothe our disappointments
And calm all of our fears.

There are times when only a Mother's love
Can share the joy we feel
When something we have dreamed about
Quite suddenly is real.

There are times when only a Mother's faith
Can help us on life's way
And inspire in us the confidence
We need from day to day.

For a Mother's heart and a Mother's faith
And a Mother's steadfast love
Were fashioned by the Angels
And sent from God above...

~ Author Unknown ~

I went to the Doctor with my Mom today to get some results of some tests they had done on her heart. The results were pretty good. My mother did not need me to drive her or anything, I just went to be another set of ears. We got there early, and she was worried that I would be bored and kept offering me a magazine. Then we began talking, and talking and talking! I even heard a story that I had never heard before. It was beautiful! (Check out her blog@ hartdolls.blogspot.com- she will be telling this story soon!) I had the best time ever!

I've always heard that you turn out to be your mother.......well, I am! I am very proud to say that. My mom gave up everything for her children. She has always been there for all of us. My mom is the most independant, self sufficient woman I know. She is very beautiful as you can see in this picture. I can remember my mom sitting at the sewing machine when I was younger sewing us an Easter dress, or a prom dress for me or my sisters. I didn't realize then, what I know now, which is that my mom was the best gift I was ever given. I have saw her when she was sad, and never thought she would get through the storm she was in. But then I see that the storms she had to endure were to make her stronger. We never know why we go through things, but "Joy does always come in the morning!"

OH HOW BLESSED WE ARE!
THANK YOU IS NOT ENOUGH!
I LOVE YOU, MOM!

3 comments:

Alice Grace said...

Thank you, my sweet Daughter for this tribute to me. I hope that I can live up to the wonderful words you said about me. I love you with all my heart, and I always want to be there for my children and the rest of my family. God is good and greatly to be praised. I praise Him for the blessing of my wonderful family.
Love. MOM

Brenda said...

When we were young and foolish, we did not realize the many sacrifices as well as heartaches our Mama went through. She still remembers things about us when we were very, very small. She also remembers those teenage years!! But most of all, she has stood by us all when we were wrong AND when we were right. She amazes me by the way she can tell how we are feeling just by the sound of our voices. But you know, just as she knows us so well - we also are so privileged to know her very well, too. In my opinion, the greatest blessings that God gives us are the close relationships we have with one another. Just like Mama told you that a mother's love is the next closest to God's love? We can also say the same about the relationship we have with HIM. I am so thankful for Mama, Daddy and my precious sisters and the family that God has given to us. I will never take it for granted! If only I could be living closer to you all! With all my love, Brenda

Melanie said...

I was thinking about this today....actually what made me think of this was changing the toilet paper roll :-) Maybe I'll have to blog about that. Ha HA! This is beautifully written and so true.