Saturday, February 16, 2008

Surprise for Valentines Day!


My "Sweet Hunter" picked me up for lunch and took me to my absolute favorite restaurant....Houstons in Atlanta, Ga.! I had no idea where we were going. He kept telling me different places and we kept driving and driving. It is over an hour away so this was a treat! I had what I always have. We started out with Spinach Artichoke Dip & Chips. Then I ordered the Traditional Salad, with Honey-Lime Vinegarette with Peanut Sauce & Cheese Toast. Sweet Hunter ordered the Smoked Salmon. We actually ordered a dessert to share! We are usually too full to eat dessert. It was heavenly!

After lunch we stopped by Allatoona Lake to check out our boat that is docked there. It was beautiful even though the lake is still low.

I am so blessed to have a husband like I have. We are very happy. This was a very special day, but he didn't have to do a thing. Just being with him is a special day, any day!

After our special time together, then we went to the hospital to check on my best friends dad. He is really doing good. Thank you for all of your prayers & emails! I have shared this with the family and it means so much to them. He is a Miracle. The doctors are amazed! He actually has had 3 strokes, all in the same place and it shows extensive damage, but thanks to all of the prayers, he is doing remarkable!

It was a wonderful Valentines Day!

5 comments:

Alice Grace said...

I am so glad you got that great trip to your favorite restaurant! You two are so blessed to have such a loving and romantic relationship. As your Mom, it is my dream come true that you are so happy.
I love you.
MOM

Nora said...

Hi Valerie! I will be stopping by here to soak up your wonderful outlook. Love your blog name!

JUST A MOM said...

OMGoodness I thought I was the only one who loved this song.

good to hear your friend is doing better.

Teresa said...

I just LOVE the cheese toast at Houston's!!! I grew up in Ft. Lauderdale and they have Houston's there!! Glad to know there is another kindred spirit out there who loves some cheese toast from Houstons!! :)

Julia said...

I am so glad that you stopped by my blog. I have been reading yours and your are an inspiration! My hubby's name is also Randy.