Saturday, February 2, 2008

Today was all about Gardening & Cooking!

My gardening Day!

72 Big Boy Tomato Seeds

Babies from my African Violet "Elaine" along with seeds for marigolds & impatiens

The finished greenhouses

Before "Elaine" got her bigger home........
A special clay pot that my mother gave me a while back

We had another wonderful Saturday. I love it when I get to stay home and do the things I love. Today I planted 72 Big Boy Tomato seeds and some marigolds and impatiens seeds in 2 little plastic greenhouses. I have them resting now on top of my refrigerator so they will stay warm and cozy. I also repotted my african violet (Elaine) that my mother gave me. She needed a bigger pot. While doing that I decided to try to root a leaf. If she lives, her name will be "Sue". Then, after planting my tomato & flower seeds, I had a few holes left so I planted several more african violet leaves. I hope they root & live. If anyone has any tips for me, I would greatly appreciate them. I have some other special house plants that need to be in bigger containers but I didn't attempt that today. I knew I needed to cook supper and start tomorrows lunch. Tonight we had a simple supper. It was a taco salad, but no meat, just refried beans and all of the fixings. It was very good. Tomorrow, we are having a big ham (in the oven as we speak), along with Baked Macaroni & Cheese casserole, Baked beans, potato salad(all is ready & waiting to be baked) & homemade biscuits. Dessert will be a chocolate cake.(It sure looks tempting) We will really appreciate this cake after a week without sugar. I will have this on my cooking blog soon. I didn't get to my second quilt block today, but I will do that very soon. There is always so much to do. I could never imagine being bored at home. I have actually heard women say that. I was told one time by a very wise friend that in the midst of all the "have to" things we do, that you need to take time to do something you enjoy every day. She told me this when I was younger and had 4 babies at home & I was so overwhelmed.
I will tell you that story one day soon. It changed my life.
Today was a wonderfully blessed day.
Thank you Lord!

4 comments:

Levin said...

thanks for the comment on my blog.

looks like you have been very busy. that's a lot of tomato plants! will you be making sauce one day soon?

l
x

Reginas Cottage said...

hello
Thank for your nice comment on my
blog.I would like this year also
tomatoes and some flowers sow out,it
makes fun to see as from one tiny seed one plant near on grow.It is
always again a wonder.
Chocolate cakes very delicious.
I have also no stuffiness,it gives always some to do,knit,crocheting,
stitch,cooking,bake and more.
I love your blog also.
I will visit again.
Have a nice week
Regina

Anonymous said...

Yum Yum, the lunch sounds great! I will be by tomorrow to pick up some. Sorry, I couldn't make it today, I already had made plans. I'm looking forward to seeing everything you have done at home. You're so good!!! Love You,
Mandy

Anonymous said...

As I have told you so many times before, YOU ARE AMAZING! Glad you got your planting started. Your MOM should take some lessons from you!
Love
MOM