Thursday, September 24, 2009

Granny's Heart

I could not get my mind off of Granny today being without her sewing machine so I decided to go back over there today. I walked in and when I saw her dusting her furniture I knew the sewing machine must not be fixed yet. My Uncle Joe took it to the repair shop for her. Granny even did her washing today (Thursday)!!! Friday is always "wash day!" This is just not right. Yesterday when I got home I received more money for quilts. So I asked Granny to sit down. I told her that I had her some surprises.

She said she wasn't feeling good today. I said well this will make your day better.

So I gave her this card from Sandra! She just loved the card. It made her smile.


Then she opened it up and found money for 2 quilts.

She said, "Whew"! She loved it.

Then I said well that is not all Granny. I handed her another 50.00 for another quilt

from Lani! Granny got so excited. That is 3 quilts! I told her to get ready that I had more surprises for her. She said that she did not know if she could take it! Smile.

I handed her 3 more 50.00 bills for 3 more quilts so that was 6 in all.

I have sold some quilts locally to friends and they will be picking them up soon so I went ahead got them. I just thought today would be a good day to make Granny extra happy since she is so sad about her sewing machine. She was so funny! She said, "I am rich!" But I could tell she still didn't feel good. So I went out and brought another little surprise in for her!!!

I brought her my little Singer featherweight machine. Thank you to Mary for suggesting it. She said she had never saw anything like it. She loved it but kept saying, "I can't." I would say "can't what?" She said, "I can't learn it."


She even looked up like a little child and said, "I want MY sewing machine!"


I told her that it was so easy to use but I understood that she is used to hers. Finally after she said those words "I can't" several more times. I looked her right in the eye and said, "Granny, do you remember Phillipians 4:13?" She looked right at me and said, "yes, what is it?"


I told her that it says she can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. When I said that, she looked up at me and repeated it several times. She knew the exact words once I reminded her.


She decided that her house shoes were too big for the foot pedal so she changed
shoes and tried again as she quoted that verse over and over.

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

When I left her she was still at the little featherweight machine trying and rehearsing that verse.

I kissed her goodbye and told her that I would come back tomorrow & help her some more. She looked up at me and held her hand over her heart and told me that she will have that verse in her heart all night. (Tears.)

Everytime I go to bless Granny, she always blesses me. Thank you to all of you that have bought quilts from Granny. You are a blessing to her.

Special Prayer Request: Pray that Granny gets her sewing machine back soon!!!

REMINDER:

THERE IS GOING TO BE A GIVE AWAY AND ALL OF YOU GRANNY FANS ARE GONNA LOVE IT!!!! KEEP WATCHING! IT IS COMING THIS WEEK!

18 comments:

Sherry said...

I have been followering you and your grandmas stories and I just love them. I keep thinking I should buy a quilt so I think I will save the money and get one but the way things are going there will be none left. I keep looking to see if you get more photos of new quilts for sale but I'm afraid that there all sold.

Angela said...

That is precious. I cling to that verse every single day!

caknitter said...

Granny is one lucky gal to have you around and bring her nice surprises. I hope she gets her sewing machine back real soon. :-)

Michelle said...

You are such a sweetie. I do hope she can sew with your machine until she gets hers back.
Michelle

Scottish Nanna said...

Your Granny Is so sweet I would like to give her A big hug You can do it for me God bless Her.
Hugs Mary.

Darla said...

Valerie you have no idea the joy you bring to your Granny. Oh how you are storing rewards up in heaven!

Kim said...

Granny is the cutest little thing. I will be praying for her sewing machine to get back to her very, very soon! My dad taught me that verse when I was very young and it's the one I go to most often.
I love that you call them house shoes, that is what I call them too and everyone around thinks I am silly and should call them slippers. Nope, my mom taught me house shoes and that is what they are! Hee, hee

Alice Grace said...

Ok, that got to me! tears! How sweet she is!

My Colonial Home said...

How blessed you are Valerie.
I don't think I've ever come across two people who love each other more - from the sole and the heart!

What a beautiful post again. You always brighten up my day and put me on the right track when I read your stories.

Thanks!
Hugs, Karen

Amelia said...

Valerie, all of these Granny posts should be printed - with the pictures - made in to a book...Each of your posts is so tender and special...just LOVE in action.

Amelia

PS - Phil. 4:13 - is one of my very favorite verses...it has helped me so many times.

cockermom said...

I can't tell you how much I love the Granny stories. I put the feed on my Google home page so I don't miss a day with Granny. She humbles me with her quiet ways and simple life, I do so try to keep my life that way but as a nurse, things can sometimes get out of hand! So, I come home and read about Granny. It calms my day...
Thank You to you and Granny
Donnie

Allie said...

Granny is too precious for words! Bless her heart - I pray she gets the hang of the Featherweight quick or her own machine back VERY soon. I can so relate to how she feels! What a blessing she is. So many lives she's touched and she doesn't even know it.

Needled Mom said...

Both you and Granny are such special women, Val. It is so heartwarming to read of the love between you two and the faith that bonds you.

I just know that Granny will like that Featherweight when she uses it a little. It is, of course, not HER machine and I do hope it is repaired soon. I think her other machine fit flush and that lip is a little hard to get used to when sewing. It definitely beats laundry!!! Thanks for the kudos on the idea, but I think you also came up with it???!!!???

May you find her happily sewing away when you go today.

Anonymous said...

Such a precious post Val. I pray that Granny gets her machine back soon and that she feels better also. You both are blessed to have one another.

blushing rose said...

I hope that they pick up the story of Granny ... she's darling. And what a coup for her! TY for sharing. Have a wonderful weekend. TTFN~ Marydon

Carole Burant said...

I can just picture her face when she sees the cards and money for her quilts:-) She is so precious!! I do hope her own sewing machine is fixed real soon, I can imagine how lost she is without it since it's such a part of her life. It made me smile when you told us the verse she was repeating to herself while trying to get used to your little featherweight machine! hehe I so wish I could hold her in a gentle hug and tell her how very special she is. xoxo

Latane Barton said...

Oh, I just wish I could fix sewing machine and I could come and fix Grannys so she would not be missing hers so much. You are such a sweetheart to let Granny use your featherweight but I am with her... I would want my machine.

She is such a blessing to us all.

Tootsie said...

I just love reading about this sweet granny and how you love her!