Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I Just Can't Help Myself

Family photos at the beach once a year is a major ordeal with our family. It is usually one adult that is hungry and wanting to leave and not take pictures. Can you tell who is not happy in this photo? Right as I said SMILE everyone was ready except for Brother. He was not a happy camper. We did get some good pictures but I could not help but show you this one first.
More People watching....I can't help myself.
Poor Mommy was just trying to get a tan but baby had other plans.

I don't have a clue what he was doing.

These wives are coming to check and see what their mature husbands are doing down in this water.
While I was people watching......I looked over and saw these women drinking TAB. Do you remember Tab? I didn't even know they still made it.

These 2 Grandmas were so protective while they had the 3 grands out in the ocean.
They were scared to death and would not let the little boys go far away from them.
Then the Mom and dad came and took the boys way out in the ocean. As you can see these 2 Grands don't know what to think.
This is my Grand, "Angel". There is a little story about her and this donkey.
When she was about 3 years old we came to this Mexican Restaurant. It was her birthday. They told her that she had to ride a donkey and she went into hysterics. It was so funny and a good memory. We made her go and stand beside the donkey that she doesn't even remember for this picture. We still laugh about this memory.

Here is another story about "Angel". When she was around 3 years old we also visited this restaurant. This guy waited on us way back then. She is 10 now. Anyway, tonight he was our waiter. We reminded him of the story about her. His name is "Smoke."
He is very loud spoken. Anyway when she was very small he asked her if she wanted some ice cream and she started crying like you would not believe. It scared her to death. She has always heard about these stories but now she got to revisit them. We told Smoke about it and I asked him if I could get a picture with her. We thought he would just stand beside her but he pulled up a chair and made her stand in it and then he squeezed her so tight. It was so cute. She was real embarrassed but didn't cry this time!
Sweet Teen is trying to be cute here! Notice the glasses and blue jean jacket.
This is the "before" picture.
This is the "after" picture.
Before when I was young and looked like her, and after when I am older and so tired. Sweet Teen thought this was so funny. I thought it was a cute idea. They laugh at me all the time for wearing a jacket when they are hot! That is just the way it is when you are an older more mature woman instead of a teenager that knows everything! lol Can you tell I love my grands? I do.

14 comments:

Diana said...

I have to say the resemblance to your teen grand and you is amazing. You should print these two out and put them side by side!

Allie said...

That top pic made me smile, you never get everyone in sync! Love your people watching shots, Val. Love the stories about Angel - and the last two pics are AWESOME, you two look so much alike!

Unknown said...

You are a great people watcher. I especially like the one where the woman is trying to tan and her kid is on her back. Cute!

Alice Grace said...

Well, I am not sure, but the first picture where Brother is unhappy while everyone else is posing so beautifully is my favorite, or the one with Angel and the donkey, or maybe it is the two pictures of Sweet Teen and you in lookalikes! Quite a cute idea! Looks like everyone is having a really great time.

Michelle said...

I can tell you love your grands!

Granny said...

Great pictures. You and sweet teen look so much alike. I agree with Diana, those two pictures need to be in a double frame.

Did you take your sewing machine on the trip? I know sweet teen asked if you would. Glad you're having a great time with the family.

Pat said...

I'm glad you are having a great time and making such nice memories for the grandkids!

Darla said...

You are having way too much fun! I love the last two photos, cool idea.

Needled Mom said...

Sooo cute, Val. The resemblance is uncanny between you and teen.

It looks like you all had fun cooling off and people watching.

Diane said...

I think it is amazing that you and your grand fit in the same jacket, how cute:) and by the way, you do not look tired or old, silly girl:)

Glenda said...

I love the picture of Brother and yes, you and Sweet Teen do look alike, more like mother and daughter, though. You little young thing, you!

Anonymous said...

Whoa! Twins!!! Oh yeah...a few years apart in age. LOL

Anonymous said...

BTW Val....
189 followers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats!
:)

Janette said...

WOW! Your child and grandchildren look very much like you!!!