Friday, October 29, 2010

Sparta Hilton #8a

You would think that all we do is here eat!!!!
Well you are almost right!

Yum! Bacon cooked on the fire!

I even fixed waffles outside!

There is just something about cooking and eating outside!

And believe it or not....I rather wash the dishes outside!
We have a kitchen and a sink but I make my own simple kitchen outside. 
I heat my water on the fire.  Then my ice chest is my drainer!
It works for me!

My Sweet Mother In Law gave me this old
coffee pot so I can even make coffee on the fire!



I made Brunswick stew at home and brought it in jars.
While we were out hunting this was cooking slowly in our crock pot
outside under the shed.

I had made the cornbread before we left out and
when we came in after hunting our supper was hot and ready.

I promise you that eating is not all we do here at the Sparta Hilton!
We do hunt!  Well this is me sitting with gun in hand in my little blind waiting.
Maybe it should be called "waiting" instead of  "hunting"! (smile)


This is one of the views from my blind.
I'm still waiting.

And yes, I had to show you one more thing that we are eating here at the Sparta Hilton!
We are hooked on these pork rinds!  We found them here at a local grocery store and they are so good!!!! Eating is a big part of "waiting"....I mean "hunting"!!!
Having a ball though.  It is so peaceful here.
I love peace!

13 comments:

Amelia said...

Pork rinds are good anywhere and at anytime...of course eating for me is always a good deal. My stomach has no set clock for eating or not eating.

Enjoy the weekend - maybe you will get a deer.

Susannah said...

Hi Val... I am glad that you are having so much fun! It is good that it is peaceful there and you are finding PEACE.....it feeds the soul! Take care...

Susannah

caknitter said...

Aw, peace sounds good to me. Valerie, I think you're ready for SURVIVOR.

Michelle said...

Well, maybe your CRUNCHING is keeping your critters from coming too close! LOL!

Allie said...

There's just something about cooking and eating outside, the fresh air sharpens your appetite and seasons the food just right. Glad you're enjoying it Val - and happy 'waiting'!

Anonymous said...

The food looks delicious and the weather has been great for eating outdoors. Enjoy your weekend.

Granny said...

The food is always better cooked over an open fire. That is a great idea to prepare food ahead of time so that you can have it cooking in the crockpot while you're waiting er I mean hunting. :)

Love Bears All Things said...

So it is like camping except you have a bathroom and a real bed to sleep in at night....I can dig it. And yes, food is better when you cook it outdoors and you always have a big appetite, too.
Thanks for sharing.
Mama Bear

Patty Sumner said...

Hey Val, so glad you are enjoying time together doing things you both enjoy! What a blessing! The food looked yummy! I agree, something about cooking on an open fire.......Enjoy! Have a joyous and Blessed day!

Connie said...

Val, it sound like you are really enjoying you little home away from home,food is good cook out side. loves hearing about Sparta!

Thearica said...

Love those overalls Valerie!

Lori said...

We've camped a lot but I've never thought about using the cooler as a dish drainer. Brilliant!

Jenn said...

I just love how you and your husband are after all these years! It's inspiring. I can totally see us just like that someday,when the kids are grown and gone and we have time to do things we enjoy!! Good for you. You can tell you are so in love!! :)