Monday, November 15, 2010

Fall At Our Home

Remember this picture when I was trying to get all the bushes trimmed for the winter.
I sure did dread the big ones.  I had to get some help with them.

And yes, it looks naked!!! But it will look good come springtime. 

I did all the big ones that way.  I actually thought about cutting them completely down.
Who knows?  I still might.

.
                                          Look at those 3 green bushes behind the gator.
  This picture was took a few weeks ago when I first started trimming bushes.

These are the 3 bushes in the above picture today!
Aren't they pretty?  Of course I could have cleaned all those leaves off of them.
They are called Burning bushes. 
They don't show their beautiful color until this time of year and it doesn't last long.

This is our home. 
 I think the bushes look so much better now that they are trimmed.

Look at these Bradford Pear Trees.
Gorgeous!

This is looking down our back driveway.
I think it is just beautiful. 
You can see a little of our pond down the drive.

All of these leaves will be gone by Thursday. 
Sweet Hunter  loves to keep the drive cleaned up
and if we are heading to the Sparta Hilton it has to be done before we leave.

This is a view looking down at our creek. 
I just love all of the colors this time of year.

More colors down in the woods.

Our weeping cherry tree is really weeping right now with hardly no leaves.

I love to grow gourds and make birdhouses out of them.
Next year I have another idea in mind for these.

One of our bird feeders.

Staying home on a rainy day is one of my favorite things to do.
I love rainy, fall days.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really beautiful! Love, Shannon

Amelia said...

Certainly enjoyed the tour around your home...I can tell it brings you much pleasure!

Jocelyn said...

Such a lovely setting. Your home is beautiful.

Needled Mom said...

The fall colors are just gorgeous!!!

StitchinByTheLake said...

I loved the pictures Val! I want to know how to grow gourds...teach me. blessings, marlene

Susannah said...

What a pretty setting for your beautiful home!

stock trading said...

Really beautiful photos.I like it very much.Your home is beautiful.

Pat said...

Your fall colors are so pretty on your blog today! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful home and setting. Like you, I like rainy days at home on a cool Autumn day.

Darla said...

You have a very nice area where you live. It's a rainy day today and I love it!

My Colonial Home said...

Morning Val,
Such a beautiful and peaceful home you have and a great job on the trimming too!
Thanks for sharing.
Karen

Patty Sumner said...

absolutely love the gord birdhouse. Everything is beautiful. Hey Val, I would love to have you become a follower of my blog. I so enjoy yours. Blessings!

Glenda said...

Everything is looking so beautiful there, Valerie! My Bradford Pears all still green. Fall comes very late in this part of Texas!

Alice Grace said...

As usual, it is beautiful where you live, any time of the year!
I want a gourd birdhouse!

Carole Burant said...

I can't get over all the beautiful Fall colours you still have over there. Our trees have been bare for almost a month now. You have a lovely home and you did a great job trimming those bushes:-)

It feels so good to have time to blog and visit my dear friends again. I need to read all of your other posts I missed! xoxo