Monday, December 27, 2010

It's Not Over Is It?

Christmas is over, but does it have to be?
I don't think so.
I want to keep the JOY in my heart.

We all put our decorations away until next Christmas.
****************
When I replace these decorations that you see,
I want to have decorations in my heart that you can't see.

Rudolf will still be here but I will take his angel off.
The Grands got a big kick out of this!
************
Spending TIME with a child is the best gift you can give.

It really was a very Merry Christmas!
I don't want it to end.
So as I put all my decorations up
I am praying that I will keep this
Christmas spirit in my heart all year long.
How blessed we are.


This was my Grandma Cochran's ( My Mom's Mother) little Christmas tree.
I treasure it.
I think I will leave this up in my guest bath as a reminder
that we don't have to wait until Christmas next year
to have family time or give a gift of love.

Believe it or not I did not go shopping at all!
My Sweet girls bought what I needed and brought it all
wrapped and ready to give to the Grands.
Shopping is not my thing.
**************
There is much more to giving than going to the mall.
I did buy these little spatula's and these great little knives
from a friend who sells Pampered Chef but I never left my home to do it.
Underneath is a crocheted dish cloth that I made for each
of my Son In law's!! (smile.)
They really do wash dishes though!
And then there was a card with a little surprise in it for each family.
***************
Nobody said much about the crocheted dish cloth that night.
But then the kids went home and used the dish cloth.
Now they all want more.
They talk more about the dish cloth now than the surprise in the card.
See.....it doesn't take much for a gift of love.

We always have a Pajama Christmas Party at my house.
These honeymooners just celebrated their first anniversary!
****************
My goal this year is to enjoy what we have and be content.
I also want to visit loved ones more.

I think "Little D" is the only one in P.J.'s here!
Whats up with that?
***************
A Kind word or a smile can make someone's day
and doesn't cost a dime.


Pajama Party at my house doesn't mean they stay all night.
It just means that everyone is comfy.
**************
Cooking a meal and sharing it is a great gift.
Christmas can be all year long!

Even "Grandmother" (sweet hunter's mother) wore her P.J.'s!
We are blessed to have her still with us.
She has suffered 2 heart attacks, has a pacemaker, and only has 30% of her heart
 working but most of the time she does really well.
******************
We are only promised today.
Today is a gift.

We had so much fun. 
We missed our son and my Mom that night.
***************
Prayer is a gift of love.
My Pastor says that when HE is all we have, HE is all we need.

Is that PawPaw's hat?
Happy Birthday Little D!!
***********
Jesus loves me this I know.
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to HIM belong;
They are weak but HE is strong.
Yes Jesus loves me!
**************
We can share Christ with someone this year.
Sometimes we don't even have to say a word.
Just let our light shine.
The gift of all gifts.

KNEELING SANTA PRAYER

The sleigh was all packed, the reindeer were fed,
But Santa still knelt by the side of his bed,
"Dear Father, " he prayed, "Be with me tonight.
There's much work to do and my schedule is tight.
My sack will hold toys to grant all kids' wishes.
The supply will be endless like the loaves and the fishes.
I can do all these things, Lord, only through You.
I just need your blessing, then it's easy to do.
I do this only to honor the birth of the One,
That was sent to redeem us, Your most Holy Son.
So to all of my friends, lest Your glory I rob,
Please, Lord, remind them who gave me this job."
**************
Christmas all year long.
This is a good thing.
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6

15 comments:

caknitter said...

Comfy pajama get together is my kind of party. You have some very sweet daughters. Merry after-Christmas and Happy New Year!

Allie said...

What a beautiful post, Val - I love that you're all in jammies - and that you want to keep Christmas in your heart. I think you do that already, dear one - because you keep Christ in your heart.

Michelle said...

Wonderful post! I had never seen the Santa prayer before. It's lovely. Have a great week, and a wonderful New Year!

Granny said...

I love all the pictures. So glad you had a great Christmas with the family. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who hates shopping.

Alice Grace said...

Looks like your Christmas pajama party was wonderful! I love the picture of Little D in Papa's hat! What a Christmas card that would make!

Alyssa said...

i had a great christmas i got a camra and 100 bucks from santa thank you for my water bottle


thanks alyssa talley

Becky Garrison said...

Val, I have 2 small nativities I keep in a curio cabinet year round - a constant reminder for us!

I love the dish cloths too! I gave some to my aunt and my mother, and they love them! I never used dish cloths - always used a sponge - until I started making them, and they are SO much better than anything you can buy!

Merry Christmas, Becky

Needled Mom said...

Beautiful post, Val, and I loved seeing the great pajama party pictures.

Patty Sumner said...

Such a wonderful post, Val and such a thoughtful Christmas that you had with your family. The family is beautiful and so is you home and so are you! Be blessed!

StitchinByTheLake said...

I can understand why they wanted more of the dish cloths - a friend made me one and I love, love, love it. It's the best one I've ever had! blessings, marlene

Alleluiabelle said...

I loved peaking in...

What a heart-warming loving Christmas you had with such a beautiful family.

You are very blessed my friend.

I look forward to walking through the new year with you, our blogging friends and Jesus.

Thank you Val for being such a blessing to me this past year. Your comments and prayers for our family have meant ever so much to me.

You are so loved my friend...

Peace,
Alleluiabelle

Darla said...

Okay, I am so doing a pajama party next year! (does that mean I have to put on make up or not) lol....looks like fun. The JOY is always in our hearts....Happy Birthday Little D. Married a year already? geez...

Melanie said...

Great pictures. Sounds like a wonderful Holiday. Happy New Year....

bettyj said...

I have read your blog off and on and wanted to say I truly enjoyed this post. Love the attitude and the santa prayer
betty, Through My Back Door

Unknown said...

This was a beauiful post Val! So cute that you guys wear your pjs! You are so right about keeping Christmas in our hearts all year long.