Friday, December 31, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Dec.31


FOR TODAY



Outside my window...it is midnight as I am writing this so it is dark, windy & cold.

I am thinking... how very blessed I am.

I am thankful for...my sweet husband! He is a good Christian man. He is my leader,my provider and my protector. I love him so.

From the learning rooms...This category is for homeschooling but I am including it from now on.  I love to learn and one thing that I am going to start on is improving my handwriting.

From the kitchen... I made some candy that I saw on Heidi's Blog! Easy & delicious!

I am creating...Dish cloths!!! I am really in to crocheting these. It is fun and practical.

I am going...to bed as soon as I do this post!

I am reading... a book that a sweet blogger sent me called Praying God's Will For My Son. (more on that in a later post).

I am praying... for a very close friend that is very sick. Please help me pray.

I am hoping... for a miracle!

I am hearing... my husband snoring!  But earlier I was hearing him talk to the football game on t.v.!!!!  Does your husband do that? lol 

Around the house... "Big Sis" brought 3 of our grandchildren over and we were playing Wheel Of Fortune on the Wii!  We had so much fun. It is addicting!!!

One of my favorite things... having no where to go.

A few plans for the rest of the week... taking one day at a time and realizing that every day is a gift.

I am wondering...what next year will bring.

I want to... slow down, do better and do more.

I am wearing... Christmas Pajamas.(I told you that I want to keep the Christmas spirit)!

Here is my picture thought that I am sharing:
This is looking out of my living room windows.
I love snow days!


To read more day books click here.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

12 comments:

Jan said...

A very blessed post, though I was a bit confused at first when you said it was midnight and it showed as being posted on 31st Dec (the date in Aus)!!
A very Happy New Year to you and yours.
God Bless
Hugs, Jan

quiltingnana said...

lovely thoughts may 2011 bring you joy

Patty Sumner said...

What a beautiful picture...when the snow covers everything it always looks so peaceful. I hope and pray all goes well with you sick friend. Blessings for the new year. Look forward to reading your blogs.

Libby said...

Enjoy your night! Happy New Year!!

Glenda said...

Happy New Year, Valerie! I hope that it's a wonderful one for you and your family!

Love Bears All Things said...

A very good daybook...I add the learning room from time to time and I omitted I am wearing because it was always pajamas although I don't wear them all day...most days anyway...Have a great year!
Mama Bear

StitchinByTheLake said...

I love the crocheted or knitted dishcloths Val - my mother used to make them from Sugar and Cream yarn. I still have one she made and one I made - but they're getting pretty thin so I'm not sure how much longer they'll last. Maybe I should try to reteach myself how to knit them! blessings, marlene

Allie said...

Beautiful post hon - Happy New Year!

Connie said...

Happy New Year! A very peaceful post...

Carole Burant said...

"Here's to the bright New Year, and a fond farewell to the old; here's to the things that are yet to come, and to the memories that we hold."

Happy New Year dear Valerie, wishing you and yours all the very best that 2011 has to offer! xoxo

Rhonda said...

wishing you and your family a very happy 2011.

caknitter said...

I hope you and your family had a relaxing New Year's Eve and a great 2011!
I always love looking at your pictures of a snow-covered lawn.
Lucky girl. Thank you for being a wonderful blogfriend. :-)