Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Chicken Gnocchi Soup

Olive Garden Copycat Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Absolutely delicious!

Saute onion, celery, garlic in butter and olive oil over medium heat
until onion becomes translucent.

Add Flour to make a roux.

Let the butter and flour mixure cook for about
a minute before adding half and half.

Add carrots and chicken in to the roux.

I used a rotisserie chicken.

Add chicken broth and while it is thickening,
cut up your fresh spinach.

Cook Gnocchi according to package and
add to soup along with seasonings.

Once the mixture thickens again, add the spinach and salt and pepper.
 

Once it is heated through  it is ready to serve!
This is a delicious thick, hardy soup.
I served with bruschetta! (recipe coming soon)
If you like Italian, you will love this.
****************************
Ingredients needed:
1 tbsp. Olive Oil (Extra Virgin)
4 Tbsp. butter
4 Tbsp. Flour
1 quart Half & Half
1/2 Cup Celery (finely diced)
2 minced garlic cloves
(I used minced garlic spices)
2 14 oz. cans of Chicken Broth
1 Cup Carrots (finely shredded)
1 Cup Chicken breast, cooked and diced
(You can use Rotisserie Chicken)
1 pkg. of mini Gnocchi cooked
(located in pasta section of grocery store)
1 Cup Spinach (coarsely chopped)
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Thyme
1/2 tsp. Parsley
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
*******************************
Prayer Request
Please say a prayer for my Mom!
Bless her heart.
She has a had a rough year.
Now she has pseudo gout in her wrist!
She is in a lot of pain.
As far as her back surgeries, she is doing great!
Your prayers got her through that!
 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your soup looks delicious!!!

I will pray for your dear momma! Gout is something I suffer from and I also have to take daily meds for it...so I really feel for her. It is extremely painful~ God bless her wrist~! ♥♥♥

grandmarockton said...

PRAYERS for Mom !

Susannah said...

I must try your soup, Val. sounds wonderful!

Oh NO and your Mom was starting her quilts!!!! I feel so bad. Please tell her I am praying that her wrist improves very soon and there is no more pain. God will be with her no matter what.

Blessings and Prayers, Val...
Susannah

Becky Garrison said...

Your soup sounds delicious ... I may have to try it some day!

Tell your Mom that she is in my prayers and give her a hug for me. Poor thing, she has really had a time of it!

caknitter said...

aw, your poor mom. praying this too will heal. :-)