Monday, April 15, 2013

Awwww! The City Life

We woke up one morning to find 2 bluebird houses on our front porch
along with a bag of ivy!

Our best friends Eddie, made them for us, and Vicki
brought them by the house!
I was so excited when "sweet hunter" put them up for me!
Then I saw this........
I immediately sent a picture to Vicki to see if it was a blue bird!
She said that I had a Indigo Bunting!
She said that I am lucky to have them!
Needless to say.....we are very excited!

Yesterday, I had 2 new visitors to my birdfeeders!

Isn't he beautiful?

He is a sneaky bird!
Can you see the seed in his mouth?
I guess the hummers are my favorite!

I loved this picture!
Can you see him?

I only have 2 hummers so far but hope more will come.

We were sitting at our farm table eating supper
and I had a glimpse of something passing by the window!

Yep!
A City Fox!
Not just one!
But two foxes!
Right in my city back yard!!!!
Lovin' this city life more and more!
Awwww! The city life!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful!

Needled Mom said...

Are you sure you're in the city???? How fun!

Susannah said...

Hi Val, I am so glad you are happy there. Do you have your hunmmingbird feeders hanging near your other bird feeders?

Susannah

caknitter said...

Wildlife always makes your world brighter, Val. You have such great and very generous friends. The birdhouses are perfect.
Btw, I thought of granny on April 13th. She lives on with me. :-)

Becky Garrison said...

Very cool! Be wary of the foxes ... the chances they are rabid are pretty good, especially if they are out in daylight!

I love the red bellied woodpeckers too ... they come to my feeder quite often and I enjoy watching them. But you are right, much as I enjoy ALL my birds, the hummers are my favorite too! OH! And you are very lucky to have an indigo bunting!

Yvette said...

Oh my, I just love the one with the red head scarf on and the black & white stripped coat, she had her back to you, kinda stuck-up...hahahahha then there was the one with the orange mohawk...lol What can I say, I see the beauty God created through "my" eyes. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your pictures!

Yvette said...

Oh my, I just love the one with the red head scarf on and the black & white stripped coat, she had her back to you, kinda stuck-up...hahahahha then there was the one with the orange mohawk...lol What can I say, I see the beauty God created through "my" eyes. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your pictures!

Shauna said...

Isn't God wonderful! You moved from the country and didn't think you would see any wildlife and yet, look at all you have seen! Warms my heart!