Friday, February 21, 2014

Believeth Thou This?

Two ladies came to my door the other day. One was real soft spoken and she told me that she wanted us to know they had been praying for us. She asked me my name and told me hers. I wondered how she knew that we needed prayer.
 
 Then she preceded to ask me how "Randy" (my husband) & "Mike" (my brother in law) was doing. I answered her. The whole time I am thinking to myself....do I know these ladies? You see, we had many people in our home during the sickness and death of my "Mother In Love"....many I did not know that went to my Brother in laws church. Also, this was such an emotional time that I was usually back in the bedroom with "Grandmother" (aka My Mother in love). The lady kept talking about how sad a death is but how we have hope. Then she mentioned my son, "Nathan" by name. She told me that they had been here several times and met many different family members. I am still thinking they were friends of my SIL & BIL. She shared how blessed we were to have such closeness in our family and mentioned how many friends we had. She said every time she had been here there were always lots of cars here. 
 
Then she asked me if she could share some scripture with me. I said, of course! She shared John 11:21-27. She read it word by word in a calm, soft voice that captivated me.  It is where Martha ran out to meet Jesus and told him he was too late. (I am saying it in my own words). She said Lazarus was already dead. Jesus told her that her brother would rise again. She said to Jesus, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day. Jesus said to her: I AM THE RESSURECTION AND THE LIFE, HE THAT BELIEVETH IN ME, THOUGH HE WERE DEAD, YET SHALL HE LIVE. AND WHOSOEVER LIVETH AND BELIEVETH IN ME SHALL NEVER DIE.
BELIEVETH THOU THIS? 
 
And Martha answered, Yes Lord, I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God.
 
 
I have heard this scripture many times but for some reason (maybe it is because we had just lost my "Mother in Love") but this time it meant so much more than ever. It has been over a week now since those 2 ladies were here and I have went back to this scripture over and over.
It is in my heart like never before.
 
As the ladies were leaving, I asked them if they were friends with my in laws. They said no. I asked them how they knew our family.  They said for several months they had stopped by our house to share the WORD and different people would answer my door. She said they all were so kind and loving and it made them want to come back to check on us. She took out a notebook and told me that they do the Lords work and when they leave a house they make notes of names and the response they got. They told me that they came to minister to us and our family ministered to them even in our pain. They went on to tell me that they were Jehovah Witnesses and most people slam the door in their face. She said all we are here to do is share the WORD and comfort those who are hurting. She also told me that we may not believe the very same things but the WORD doesn't come back void.
 
They smiled and walked away. When they left, I felt the Lord. Now you may say, they are wrong or they don't believe like most of us do but all I could think of is how much they ministered to me that day. Why do we have to judge? Why can't we all just agree to disagree and love each other? I can guarantee this.....they are doing way more than I have ever done for the Lord. 
All I know is when she read that WORD to me.....I have not forgot it.
It is in my heart.
 
BELIEVETH THOU THIS?
Yes, Lord, no matter how you send your WORD to me........
It is in my heart.
John 11:21-27
 
 
 

7 comments:

Diane said...

I agree!!! I think in the end as long as we love and worship the same God, how we get to him shouldn't matter. How sweet of those two ladies to come back and minister and check on you and your family. Val, you do way more of God's work then you think <3

Unknown said...

This gave me cold chills all over I felt this in my sprit..Thank you for sharing this we love y'all

Unknown said...

This gave me cold chills all over I felt this in my sprit..Thank you for sharing this we love y'all

Unknown said...

This is beautiful , It gave me chills I felt it in my soul this was not just two woman they were sent by God for your comfort. We love y'all Valerie . remind me sometime to tell you of my visit I got .

Krista said...

It doesn't matter what they may call themselves it appears to me that you were visited by angels...God knows just what we need and when we need it.

Shauna said...

A touching story Val. God can use anyone or anything to minister to us. His word does not return void. It's also very neat that they were also ministered to when ever they visited. As it should be.

Michelle said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCE2LJMAzAY