Wednesday, October 28, 2020

How I Made My No Sew Primitive Rag doll

Well, I LOVE her!!!
No matter what anybody says!

So, I was down in my back but I wanted to do something.
You know.....a woman likes to keep her hands busy.
So I started tearing some primitive looking fabric.
I took the lighter colored fabric and I put in a tea mixture.
My Mom used to do that when she made clothes for her dolls.
Now her dolls were porcelain. They weren't rag dolls. 
They were wonderful.  
I need to show you pictures of her dolls one day.
I have some, but hopefully she has pictures of all of them.


So  I tore about 30 strips of different colors maybe an inch and half wide. I think about 20-22 inches long. I didn't measure & I just guessed.
And at the end, I ended up cutting some off to even it up although it really didn't matter.
So the first thing I did was lay out 3 strips of fabric. 
I picked the light colored fabric because this would be part of the head.


I used stuffing that I had from my best friend, Vicki Lou's sewing stuff.
 I have had hard time. 
This is the time that we always made crafts together.
We would be in a mood!
And now it's almost been a year since she left us.


So then, I started criss crossing the different fabrics.
And I put a piece of stuffing in the center for the head. 
I put the colored side down.

So then I flipped her over and tied her head at the neck. I did it extra tight. Now if you don't have stuffing for the head and waist, you could use cotton balls or even fabric or newspaper! 

I love to use what I have on hand.

You know, it is 2020!

I can't just go to a store!


The arms.
I took 3 strips and tied them with some yarn.
Then I just braided them and tied at the other end.
Voila! You have arms!

I have arms. Now what?
I turned her upside down and put the arms right under her neck.
Then I put another ball of stuffing to form her waist.

Then I tied her waist pretty tight with yarn.
You can use anything. This is just what I had.
It also helps hold her arms up!

At this point you can pick which side has the best looking face! 
I chose a tea colored stained
Patterned strip.  Pretty cool, huh?

Then I picked some fabric to make a pinafore!
I wrapped it under her back and up under her arms.
This also helps secure her arms.
I just wrapped until I got it how I wanted it to look.
This mauve colored fabric was also "Our Vicki's" fabric.
I think this would make her happy.
She would be proud of me for carrying on our tradition.
I just tied it in the back to make it more secure.

Isn't she beautiful?
My daughter, Maranda gave me a quilt that was falling apart, 
so  I just cut a corner off to make her a quilt to sit on!
Her name is "Lynn!"
( Some of you will get it!)
Please welcome her to the farm!
 This may not be your cup of tea or style but she loves it here!
 And she will have a home here!
And believe me, if I can do this, you can do this, 
if you want to.
Have fun!
*********************************

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Please visit me at my other places online!

Just click below!

I would love to sit with you for a while!






 


1 comment:

Little Penpen said...

She’s adorable and I love her, too!