Thursday, October 29, 2020

Today. A year ago. My Vicki

This picture shows my Vicki at Piedmont hospital. 
This is right after the doctor found out she had 
Bile Duct Cancer.
Her sister, Beverly (My sister too) made this poster and
included me.  
Pray for Vicki and Val.  
BFF
I will never forget it.
I couldn't go because I was doing chemo and I was so sick.

This is Vicki way before we got sick. 
In fact my Mom had just had back surgery and 
stayed at my house to recover and we were trying to get her 
mind off of her not being home so Vicki Lou came to teach her 
how to crochet.  
Life was good and ordinary for us.
It wasn't for Mom. 
She was very unhappy not being at home but she loved 
seeing Vicki.
Mom didn't stay at my house as long as she was suppose to.
She loves her home and went home to recover
and she did fine.

This was Vicki when we first met!
She was a cute little thing!
She was tiny!
And let me tell you if you ever got to know her,
she could talk!!!
She taught me well.
Smile!

This is us!!!
We were hot little chicks!
We didn't leave our hubbys much but we went to Florida in 1994 (I think)
with Vickis sister, Bev and her best friend Debbie.
We had such a good time. Bev and Debbie spoiled us rotten and 
we were loving it. I will share more about that trip on another post.
We wore masks before masks were in!
Before Covid. 
I was diagnosed in October with Colon cancer and
 she was diagnosed  with Bile Duct Cancer a few weeks later.
I felt so much love on this day. 
Something told me to go spend some time with her. I
I stayed 4 hours. I crawled up in the bed with her.
I will never forget her reaction when she saw me walk in her bedroom.
She heard me coming and said, "EG (thats what she called her honey)
I told you not to come home."
She looked up and saw me and said, 
"What are you doing here?"
I said, "I came to lay with you for a while!"
She was listening to music that her neice, Stacie had sent her.
She was so happy to see me.
I was so happy to see her.
We cried. We laughed. Cried and laughed some more.

Fast forward to:
Today. October 29, 2019. A year ago. We were texting. She wasn't feeling good. 
She told me something was just not right.
Her exact words were, "I am sick of it!!"
I knew exactly how she felt.  
She didn't feel like anyone coming over but home health care was 
on the way.  
I was at the doctor when we were texting.

I know I go back and forth in time but my memory isn't great and
I can't keep stuff in order. I just write as I think of it. 
Something was said about her coming to camper next spring.
She texted back and said.....
Spring....that sounds strange.

Lord, how I miss her!
This just isn't right.
I will write more tomorrow.
I want my girls to remember her and the friendship
we had.
I am crying so I better stop for now.
*******************************

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Just click below!

I am everywhere!

(Smile)

I would love to sit with you for a while!




 

1 comment:

Needled Mom said...

It sounds like a wonderful friendship. I’m sorry she left too soon.