Friday, October 30, 2020

Today. A Year Ago. My Vicki



This is a picture from 2010 when we used to make 
Santa ornaments from the
okra from our garden.  We had way too much fun!
Sweet Memories.
It just didn't last long enough!
Who would have ever thought this would have happened?

So in honor of My Vicki I cut the okra from our garden and spray 
painted it last night.

I let it dry overnight.


Then I got busy making Okra Santas!
And she would be so proud of me. 
I made a video for my youtube channel as I was making some.
Yall will have to check it out. 
The link is below at the end of this post!

A year ago today, Vicki Lou had stints put in where the cancer was.
This had been attempted several times but didn't work.
This time it did! She had to be there at 6:30 a.m. and the procedure was suppose to be
at 8:30 this morning.
We all were praying this time it would work
and it did!
Her honey texted me at 8:40 and told me they had started the procedure.
at 10:15 he texted me to say she was in recovery and they were able to get both stents in!
We were so happy. He said it would be another hour to hour and half before they would
let him see her.
That afternoon about 3 they got home. 
He said she was a little sick from anesthesia. 
She always did. 
But he said she seemed better and I know she was so happy!!!
***********
Yesterday she fell. Her honey told her that she was moving too fast. 
She jokingly told me that ceramic tile didn't feel good.
(Smile)
She said her body was so sore. Then, Vicki being Vick asked me to pray for her 
sister, B. She had shingles and Vicki was so concerned about her.
I told her I would.
She ended that text with 3 "LOVE, LOVE, LOVE you, Val!"
And I know she did.
If you think my memory is this good to remember all the details.
It is not. 
But thankfully I have old texts. 
I am so thankful for these last few texts.
I am printing them out as pictures so I won't lose them,
and my children will have them one day when I am gone.
**************************************
“Sometimes the smallest things 
take the most room in your heart.”
Winnie the Pooh
****************************

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Just click below!

I am everywhere!

(Smile)

I would love to sit with you for a while!





 

1 comment:

Karen said...

I LOVE the Santa's! Thank you for sharing it too!! So glad you have so many happy memories with your "sister".... God bless you for your Strength in the Lord and sharing it!! It matters!! Karen