Thursday, October 1, 2020

Life Goes On


If you are coming here from my Facebook page, Our Forever Farm, we welcome you!
For those of you that don't know,
 Facebook has sent me a message saying that I have violated a rule!
Funny thing is I have been thinking about coming back here to my original blog.
It definitely is my heart. I always loved it here.
I started way back in 2007.

 For those of you that don't know, here is the story of this blog.
One day I saw a blog.  I had never heard of a blog.  I immediately thought of 
my Mother. She has the best  stories of her mom and I thought it would be neat to 
write them down for us.
But she wasn't sure, so she said, "I will, if you will." 
And we did!
I thought to myself, ok just to satisfy her, I will do it.
I had no idea of what I would do because my life would be basically boring 
to anyone but me.
You see, It was all about home.
My heart.
But I did it anyway. I loved it.
I really didn't care if anyone was looking or not 
because in my heart of hearts I knew that one day my
kids would want to look back at this way after I was gone.
Little did I know I would get diagnosed with colon cancer in 2018.
I am doing well.  I am loving waking up everyday. 
I still have a port. 
I don't like that.
But life does go on, even after cancer and facebook.

     I am so excited about life and everything in it.
I was sad when I first got up and saw the notice from facebook, but 
the Lord has been trying to tell me to come back here. 
And this is fun!
It's really not about Likes, and how many followers we have, 
its about a ministry about home.
And that is my heart.
Please check back often! 
Again! 
Welcome to my blog!
********************************************** 
I do have some very exciting news!
I have my very own You tube channel.
"Our Forever Farm"
Look us up. My daughter is helping me with it.
Its mainly cooking.
I know I am not the best cook on earth but
I love teaching young women and 
believe me there are lots that have no idea how
to do stuff!

God Bless America!

 







                                              

 

 


3 comments:

Needled Mom said...

It’s always good to see a post from you, Val. I think of your mom each year when my iris bloom. They were good blogging days.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you are back to blogging! I don't have facebook; just not something I want to do. And I cannot imagine what you could have done to violate a rule!! That's just crazy. I also love your cooking videos, and I was disappointed when youtube stopped sending emails for new youtube postings that I follow. So now I have to remember to check them myself, and I never seem to remember to do that on a regular basis. I'd rather have the email reminders, and from the comments I read, many others would too. Anyway, glad you're back!
Kathleen -- kakingsbury at verizon dot net

Mari said...

Welcome back!