Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Little House On The Lake

I LOVE the pelicans at our Little house on the lake!

There is just something about them and I captured these pictures 
which I thought were so good if I say so myself.

Aren't they just gorgeous?

Sweet Hunter says these are sea gulls!
I really don't know what they are called but I go along with him!
Smile.
Is there sea gulls on the lake?
I need to ask my friend Kathy!
They live on the lake!
Yeah, I should do that.
But if he's wrong, we won't tell him!
LOL

Oh I loved seeing these too!
SH says these are Mallards.
I  am pretty sure he's right on these.
This is a male and female.
They almost look fake!
They were pretty far away so I am tickled I got this clear of a picture!

And Here's "The man, The myth, The legend!"
Well, in his head anyways! 
Smile.
He is a pretty good guy. I sure do love him.
We can't get the boat out because the water is so low 
so we have been using the kayaks.
I fished in mine the last time but really hurt my hands and my back 
so this time I stayed in and relaxed. 
It killed me not to fish but its ok.
I was just thankful to be there.
I put this picture on facebook this morning  in 
remembrance of "My Vicki."
She would love our little place on the lake.
I sure miss her.
Yesterday, Nov. 23, 1977 was her and The Gooses anniversary.
It would have been 43 years. 
It is 43 years although she's not here.
They both love the birds and they honestly are a wealth of information 
about birds and plants and flowers.
I thought this quote described her well.

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, 
it sings because it has a song in its heart."
************

GOD BLESS AMERICA!



 

2 comments:

Maranda said...

Amazing pictures!

Needled Mom said...

Your wildlife photos are beautiful. That does look like a seagull to me. I know they are on lakes here in CA. Happy Thanksgiving.