Friday, November 27, 2020

Our Thanksgiving 2020

This is us.
Thanksgiving Day.
Easiest Thanksgiving I have ever had
thanks to our children.
They went way beyond!!!
Family is everything.


These Pioneer Woman mashed potatoes lead
 the way made by Maranda. 
This picture is before they were cooked. 
And they were heavenly.
 

You can't see our whole family
But Sweet Hunter lead a prayer over facetime,
while we were all in our separate houses.
He thanked the Lord for our family.
He thanked the Lord for all the food.
He prayed for his brother, Mike, and his wife, Glo.
He prayed for their healing.
He prayed for our country.
He prayed for answers in this sick world.
Amen.


Thanksgiving looked a little different this year.
We all fixed different things. 
I have never saw so much food.
Then they brought there food packaged up for each family and 
placed it on the porch with names on it.
This is at my daughter, Shannon's house once she got her food home.
Secret is she actually fixed the most!
She has grown up to be like I used to be.


This is what we all looked like on Thanksgiving day.
Kind of sad.
But while we are sharing our food with each other, 
Sweet Hunters brother, Mike is in the hospital with Covid.
His wife, our Sister in love, Glo is at home with Covid.
So how could we ever complain?
Covid is real and scary!
I sent this picture to Glo and she said it made her cry. 
They are both so sick.
Please pray for them.

Mandy made these Sweet potato casseroles.
Oh my!
Everything was so good.

This was our contribution. I made the dressing. 
Sweet Hunter deep fried the turkeys.
And I had a ham in one of my roasters.
There will be a video on the dressing and how to deep fry the turkeys
on our Youtube channel soon.
Link is below.

Macaroni and Cheese.
I think Mandy made this too.

This is a picture of all the different desserts we had.
In there somewhere is a special strawberry cake that we love to buy
from a tea room here in town.
It is the best strawberry cake ever.
Maranda blessed us all by buying it!!!
Sweet Hunters favorite.

Lord I love this man!
He had me at "Turkeys are ready!
You will have to go watch his video!
Link below to our you tube channel.

Here he is pulling one out of the fryer!
He was proud of his new turkey fryer from Walmart!

We all took our masks off for this picture but everybody was
still social distancing.
I am happy they are being so safe.
Covid is everywhere.
We are very proud of our family. 
We missed the ones that couldn't come.

Thanksgiving is not canceled.
Some Thanksgiving parties and
gatherings are canceled.
Thanksgiving is more important than ever.
It may be quieter.
It may be smaller.
It may be different but
if we take a moment to reflect
 on all the little things that we
are thankful for, 
this Thanksgiving could mean so much more.

Alone, we can do a little, but together we can do a lot.
We chose to sacrifice for the safety of our family.
And believe me this sacrifice was with love.
Some say...You weren't together though!
If you all knew how together we were!
We are family!!!!
***************************

GOD BLESS AMERICA!







 

4 comments:

Mari said...

You were very creative in your Thanksgiving this year. I make the PW potatoes frequently - so good!

Maria said...

So glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. God is so good. Everyone is sick of this Covid. My parents have had it. I pray for my sisters who both work at hospitals and my brother who is an EMT everyday. Love and prayers my friend. ��

Maria said...

So glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. Love and prayers my friend. 💕

Marie said...

Sweet Val, I always love your posts, they are so uplifting to me. I hope when t his is all over and I make my trip to Ohio that I might catch up with you along the way !Thanks for always being a positive force in our life. Merry Christmas. Many hugs, Marie