Sunday, September 4, 2011

Our Little Hilton

This is my first time using Grannys mixer that my aunt Carol gave me!
I LOVE it!

I made little cherry cheesecakes in muffin tins so as we work
we can just grab one on the run. 
I made a few without the cherries for me!

"Sweet Hunter" painting the shooting house that
him and Lane built!
When he gets through it will be camoflauged.

This is our little Geo Tracker that we leave here at the Hilton!
It doesn't have air but the top can come off.
It is fun to drive when it is cool.
Poor little thing got its window smashed!
Why???

At night we go riding in our little Geo Tracker
and look for deer.
It is the highlight of my day here.

Sweet Hunter & I share everything.
When we go out to eat a meal we even share a meal.
So when I make a sandwich I make 2 half sandwiches. 
Look at the bread I found at the only grocery store that is here in the little town.
The bread was very expensive and in a funny wrapper but it is so fresh!!!

Last time I was here I put up a hummingbird feeder.
I didn't know if any hummers were around here but
we have 3 so far!!!

So here we go to the woods to work on my shooting house!

"Sweet Hunter knew that I like things clean
so he bought me some grass carpet to put in it.

I am up in the shooting house wondering why he told me to go up.
There is only room for one!!!
And I am scared of heights too!

It didn't take him long to ask me to go down.
Thank goodness!

So he got it all laid.
Now I have to get him or Lane to add some steps
to this ladder.
It is scary going up and coming down.

As you notice we love to eat here!
Fried potatoes is our favorite.
Add a hamburger cooked on our little grill
and we are happy people!

Well, we were happy people until we saw this!
He was cooking the hamburgers and I was
cooking the fried potatoes when he called my name
and asked me to come outside.
I could tell by the tone of his voice that it wasn't
gonna be good.
This is on a door that has a lock on the outside
for some odd reason.
It is a door that we don't use.
Notice NO LOCK!

Sweet Hunter looked around and found the pad lock on the ground.
I guess our visitors used my horse shoe stake to pop the pad lock
right off this door.
Thank goodness this is not the only lock or they could have got in!
And another thing...there are 2 stakes for horse shoes.
Well the other one is gone.
GRRRRR!!!!
We were not happy people when we saw this!!
I just want to ask them .....WHY???

But we settled down and had a good supper
and discussed our strategy!!!
Sweet Hunter has his plans
and I have mine!!!
We love our little get away and we don't want idiots
to ruin this for us and take away our peace.
I will just be honest with you.
It makes me really MAD!

TODAY I AM THANKFUL FOR......."our" little getaway!
We have prayed for these thugs. (sorry Lord)
I think HE understands, don't you?

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Hope your honey is feeling better.

Pat said...

I'm sorry for the vandalism you have experienced at your cute little place in the woods. I know how hard you have worked to make it be a special getaway place and it is very unfair that someone has been trying to spoil that for you. I'd be angry, too!!!

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

I am so sorry to hear about your break in. That would be scary and such an invasion of your privacy.
Next time you need to add a bunch of onions to your fried potatoes! Just sayin'
Cheesecakes look yummy!

Jocelyn said...

You know Val, it is possible that they might come back after you leave, once they know this is only a weekend place :-( Do you still have your camera that you video the deer?? Maybe you can set it up somewhere around the house.

Needled Mom said...

It is frustrating, isn't it? I know you two will have a fun hunting season in spite of them.

Holly said...

Doesn't that make you sooo mad? I hope you can catch whoever it is trying to get in! Love love love me some fried taters too! Looks like a yummy meal! :)

Love Bears All Things said...

I love to hear about the "Little Hilton". I understand how you feel. We had someone steal items from our boathouse when we had a place on the lake..they had to come in by water.
Mama Bear

Lola said...

My heart goes out to you both. I know how you feel. Our place was broken into twice. They really took a lot the first go round. After that we didn't leave anything that would do them any good. They even took the phone off the wall.
I hope you catch the culprits. Maybe a motion light or something like that.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. Would you please share you little cheesecake recipe?

Alice Grace said...

Well, I can say I smiled at your last comment on the blog,,"we have prayed for the thugs", (sorry Lord).
You are so cute. I am anxious to hear what your idea is for them.